Cornwall Football Forum

Semi Final Result

Tremough 4 The Oxford 1 (h/t 1-1)

A close game with Tremough's extra quality showing through in the end, we probably should have gone in at the break in the lead but once again did'nt take our chances playing down the slope and with the wind, second half saw Tremough awarded a soft early penalty and once in front they really pinned us back for long spells but when we did break forward we found the Tremough keeper in great form and two late goals makes the second leg really difficult and but for some outstanding saves by our keeper late on it could have been much harder (bloody students)

Good luck to Tremough in next weeks cup final

yeah, gotta agree with all that report by steve. Think second half we (the oxford) lost our shape a little and tremough took full advantage of that. All in all i think the better team won on the day but thought the 4-1 scoreline did flatter them a little. Well done to the oxford lads for a very dogged performance, which gives us something to build on. :smiley20:

To finish, good luck to the tremough boys in next sundays county cup final. I hope you do west cornwall proud! :c:

Guest Tremough Defender

I would agree with most of that write up. First half we were pretty poor and Oxford were doing all the pressing. I have to say that the wind didn't help, but we can't blame that. I know a few of us weren't really at the races to start with. I know I certainly wasn't.

Maybe Oxford going in to the second half 1 up would have been fair, but since when has football been fair. Both keepers would made to work hard in the second half, and the socreline could've been ALOT different if it wasn't for them. Looking forward to the second leg, where hopefully, there won't be as much moaning.

Jj

Mr cudlipp, how r u young sir ??

I am not claiming it, it is going down as assist of the season for the cadster.

I am just about picking my legs up and trying to put them back on after taking 80mins of torture from the abuse the fans gave me and the team kicking ten shits out me. In my opinion the fal albion boys lost this on the reflection that there team were always keeping close on me and just looking to take me out so werent concentrating on the game and ultimately forgot it was semi final. Again very dissappointing to see the management trying to get action taken against me even after the whistle for a mis-timed tackle, they forgot the previous 70mins of physical abuse on me.

Good bunch of lads enjoyed playing them again I will keep my comments to myself about sideline action etc and just let them watch me life the cup

Well done TMS for another great victory in this sucessful season

Hiya Deano...........does that mean your getting your wheelchair back out?

As for the Albion boys being nasty to you...............well...........you do wind them up!

I think players up against their old team and mates are usually a target for a bit of tough tackling.

That's t football I'm afraid. But good to hear you were playing.

I am good thanks for asking and now managing Falmouth Athletic 2nds.

Should keep me out of mischief! No rest for the wicked eh.

Is Joel not doin it now ? what was yopur score weekend ?

I know i love playing and having rough and tumble against my mates we love but dont agree with people trying to get you booked, getting called a disgrace etc and some not even talking to me.

I was the first to shake hands but that is the type of persons i am i suppose, talking bout wheel chair i am limping caught my leg yesterday i am a wounded solider lol

Deano...............or should I call you 'Wounded One' ?????????????

Joel has family commitments at the moment and sadly has a back injury.

We lost 5-1 to Lanner. They are a good side and lost only once in the league.

A few dodgy penalty decisions didnt help us but that's football.

A few new faces now signed on to bolster the squad.

But the lads have the ability to play a good game and we can only ever do our best.

Albion players probably didnt want to shake your hand as they were scared of mixing with a celebrity!

And I hear Dracaena is now to have a disabled parking bay especially for you.

Any truth in this rumour?

Maybe Oxford going in to the second half 1 up would have been fair, but since when has football been fair. Both keepers would made to work hard in the second half, and the socreline could've been ALOT different if it wasn't for them. Looking forward to the second leg, where hopefully, there won't be as much moaning.

Nothing too much to moan about from our point of view, Tremough had / have some good quality up front and this was certainly the difference as far as i'm concerned. I agree with Steve that the scoreline flattered you a bit, but i'm sure there have been many results that don't show the true story of a game. I thought your 'keeper was very brave and did superbly well to deny our lad Tristan from scoring when it was still 2 - 1, if that had gone in.....who knows? Anyway, only gotta beat you 3 - 0 in the next leg and the final here we come! :unsure:

Guest artificiosus

billym

i think albion showed poor spirt at the end of the game as threemilestone guys gave 3 cheers at the end the falmouth albion boys walked off with out replying the compliment.

also personaly i do not think falmouth albion will be able to turn around threemilestones 3 - 1 lead in 2nd leg.

instead of chaceing goals they will be firmly be trying to kick dean stevans off the pitch.

falmouth albion are bitter at what talent they have lost which is down to poor management from what i here.

billym

i think albion showed poor spirt at the end of the game as threemilestone guys gave 3 cheers at the end the falmouth albion boys walked off with out replying the compliment.

also personaly i do not think falmouth albion will be able to turn around threemilestones 3 - 1 lead in 2nd leg.

instead of chaceing goals they will be firmly be trying to kick dean stevans off the pitch.

falmouth albion are bitter at what talent they have lost which is down to poor management from what i here.

thats if deano has recovered from his kicking during sunday

by the way falmouth your captain should of been sent off 5 times wat a **** :SM_carton:

Guest Tremough Defender

Damo No 2 -

There was quite a bit of moaning to the referee during our last game, from both teams. I don't think there was a single tackle that wasn't followed by a shout to the referee. That's all I was referring too. Nevermind!

Our keeper has been in fantastic form recently. He made some great saves against Tregonissey in our Semi Final and he loves a one on one situation. One of the better keepers I have ever had the pleasure of playing with. I am very much looking forward to our second leg. How come you took Tristan off, although he was a moaning begger, he was one of your more difficult players to play against.

Tms No. 9 & BillyM

I recall our quarter final in the County Cup, that the albion skipper had a short fuse that day too. Nethertheless he was the first man to shake me by the hand.

Jj

To be fair Neil ansell the captain on the day is top bloke and just gives his all,

Billy You must have missed manager going to the ref at the end trying to get action taken against me and Mr spear calling me a disgrace time after time for what i asked maybe cos i was getting up time after time after being kicked and taken out

good luck for the season gud banter at end of day :D:D

Just remember you only live once enjoy it :drink:

Tristan is very much a confidence player. At times in games when he is confident he is almost unplayable. He struggles a lot with his fitness and tires towards the end of games. He told me during the second half that he was shattered, this was the reason I made the substitution. If Tristan can up his fitness a bit and start to last 90 minutes then I am sure he will start to score the goals that his game deserves.

REF FAL ALBION'S BAD SPIRIT AT THE END OF THE GAME AGAINST TMS.;

I WATCHED THE GAME ON SUNDAY AND IT WAS PLAYED AS YOU WOULD EXPECT A SEMI TO BE PLAYED HARD AND FAIR, ALL COMMENTS MADE SHUD BE TAKEN OUT ON THE PITCH IN THE STYLE OF FOOTBALL, IF EVERYONE THAT IS MOANING PLAYED FOOTBALL AS MUCH AS THEY MOANED THE GAME WOULD BE WORTH WATCHING. DEANO DID TAKE A BIT OF A POUNDING BUT WHAT DO YOU EXPECT DEANO?? HOWEVER I DO THINK IT WAS NOT GOOD THAT FAL ALB DIDNT CHEER THE TMS BOYS JUST A BIT OF BITTERNESS I SUPOSE. WILL BE WATCHING THE 2ND LEG JUST TO SEE WHAT SORT OF GAME IT PRODUCES :ninja:

To be fair Neil ansell the captain on the day is top bloke and just gives his all,

Billy You must have missed manager going to the ref at the end trying to get action taken against me and Mr spear calling me a disgrace time after time for what i asked maybe cos i was getting up time after time after being kicked and taken out

good luck for the season gud banter at end of day :D:D

Just remember you only live once enjoy it :drink:

ALL JUST BITTER AND TWISTED DEANO CAUS YOU PLAY FOR A SIDE THAT IS WINNING LOTS OF TROPHIES!!!!

Haha you little lads come on here and wont reveal your self will you

as i have i said i loved playing the boys i loved the kicking the crap out me but what i dont like is that i accept getting kicked the shit out of me for 80mins then i chuck in 1 tackle which i admit the player sold me he did well but for the management to make a poitn out it, carry it on towards ref at end of game to try and get some punishment towards myself just because of who I am when 24hrs previous they were happy to accept me as linesman.

Good banter but i think before opinions are published you shud reveal your self

gud luck lads for rest of season

haha winning trophies we have got the league tied up, and 2 semi finals which we will win. sat we r in contention for league and cup so i suppose on the bk of that i am twisted of you winning trophies lol

you wont reveal your self you mite as well not write anything your opinion counts for nothing young sir i feel you shud go bk to school