Cornwall Football Forum

cornwall senior cup saltash 3 v 2 lanreath

I'm afraid the man in black gifted Saltash the game when with seconds to go a linesman gave Lanreath a throw in. Two Lanreath defenders came over to take the throw in (bearing in mind Lanreath played with 10 men for about 50 minutes). When they got to the ball the referee decided to over rule the linesman, gave Saltash the throw in they throw the ball into the vacant space and Saltash score the winner.

There was also another incident when Lanreath took the lead through a second penalty The Lanreath player was straight through on the goalkeeper when the big N0.5 crudely brought him down. Ref gives a correct decision and awards the penalty. Doesn't say a dicky bird to the defender who was the last man and prevented a goalscoring opportunity but is not red carded. (Has that rule changed because I didn't see another player within 20 yards of the incident).

I think what annoyed the Lanreath people the most was the BBC Radio Rugby interview after the match with the Saltash manager who gave Lanreath no credit whatsoever and didn't even speak to the Lanreath team. I'm afraid that was bad form.

I think the word is robbed.

well said ECPL

i was the player in question who was bought down when clean through on goal and cant quite believe how on earth he didnt receive his marching orders!

Also the dissent issue was real cause for concern today. The official linesman called over the referee midway through the second half and suggested that a saltash player should be booked for what he said to the linesman.

The referee said ok and proceeded to do nothing but tell the player to calm down!

It would of been ok if the referee had not booked two lanreath players in the first 3 minutes and one was for asking for a decisionly.

Lanreath didnt get the rub of the green today.

And on the interview with the saltash manager on the radio. He mentioned nothing about the game and how lanreath really should of got something out of it. Just said that they played poorly. Lanreath deserved to go through. Even the saltash chairman i believe commented on it after the game.

Oh and one more final point on john hake, the lanreath coach. He has been playing and coaching in local football now for almost 30 years and he mentioned that it is the first time he has never shaken a referee's hand.

thanks

would like to hear any saltash opinions on the game

Heard u guys should of won Brad. They knocked us out in the last round which they were quite lucky if it wasnt for their keeper who was outstanding we would probably of won that game. And if Jon didnt shake the refs hand then thats all i need to know on how bad he was.

I think both sides could easily have had issues with the officials. The linesmans penalty decision/throw in incident/ player through on goal. Lanreath certainly had Saltash on there back foot and put in a spirited performance. For effort and willingness to win the game then Lanreath should have come out on top but for technical ability and football played then Saltash looked the more comfortable. Good luck to Saltash against Hayle.

yeh hakey i know. Jon has always been fair and just says get on with things if decisions go against you and that But yesterday was bad! Apparently they makde a few changes from the team that won last week but they obviously thought they would of won easily enough anyway.

Lanreath deserved to go through

:SM_carton: Saltash's No 5 was apparently given man of the match, is this the same player who was grappling with Ray Clarke in the first half, who kicked Heath Lewis twice in the second half and who squared up to ex pro Dave Mc Ghee who is a consumate sportsman.

As previously mentioned this player was not spoken to by the Ref and then he brings down a Lanreath forward being the last man, I always thought that was a straight red :SM_carton: , I'm sorry but the occasion was to much for this young ref. We Lanreath have had some great ref's since joining senior football it's a shame that one of them was not asigned to this match, probably one of the most important ones happening in the Duchy that day.

That said no gripes with Saltash we were made welcome and good luck in the next round.

Don't ruin it guys. You know what you did and you should feel proud of yoursleves. Just lift yourselves up again for Saturday's game.

I've just realised you are playing Saltash in the league at your place. Interesting.

It's just dawned on me that the same Saltash player No.4 gave away both penalties.

Thank's ECLP, we are proud of what we have done this season in the senior cup and this should give hope to any small village club in Kernow to what can be achieved.

Looking forward to entertaining Saltash 2nd's on Sat and maybe getting a few league games completed.

:angry2: I can't help myself, here we go with another gripe.

The ECLP Cup, we spent the first 2 months of the season playing the League stages of the ECLP Cup which is Cornwalls answer to the Champions League. It's been really exciting but alongside the senior Cup it has meant that we have only played 7 league games, we will be expected to play 2/3 games a week in a minute to complete the league fixtures. Surely the League is the true measure of the most consistent side thoughout the season and I feel this is being jeapordised by the back log.

:rolleyes: ECLP comment welcome?

:D But all that said we are loving the senior football experience, come on over to Rally Park you will get a warm welcome.

I'm afraid the ECPL League Cup is a pain but this is what the member clubs voted for. I still think they could have 7 leagues of 4 teams rather than 4 leagues of 7. The top 2 teams go forward plus the best two 2nd teams Or if the league can expand to 32 teams then 8 groups of 4 teams.