Cornwall Football Forum

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

r_and_l

Not sure on the big boys Chelsea may buy another striker and the Arsenal will probably off load Lehmann and get another goalkeeper but i believe the big move will be with the managers. With Big Sam, Southgate and possibly Curbishley all getting a nice pay off as they will be ousted from the hot seats they currently hold.

Chris Gunter is the young 18 year old welsh international that Spurs have signed from Cardiff.

Berbatov will be going NOWHERE in January, I've a feeling that Defoe and Bent MAY be on their way though.

Diarra from Arsenal to Spurs (after only 6months there), unless Spurs shell out £20million on that Modric guy?. Maybe even Wes Brown could be on his way to Spurs aswell and Chelsea could be about to splash upto £50million on a few players (if we are to believe the press reports)?.

Can see Chelsea possibly trying to sign a striker, Arsenal don't need anyone, neither do Man Utd but they might have another pop at Berbatov and try to sweeten the deal by Saha going the opposite way. Liverpool's squad seems to be big enough but you never know with Benitez, he seems to sign anyone. David Moyse might raid the championship for another player, he seems to find the best ones. Newcastle certainly need at least two defenders and two midfielders. Preferably players that don't give the ball away. Big Sam could even go back to his old club for some match winners i.e Nolan. Tottenham are in desperate need of a few defenders. Ramos more than likely off to Spain where he knows all the best. Pompey may get a few in what with the amount of players off to African nations duty, West ham's squad seems ok and as for the rest.........they all need better players and bigger squads to even dream of a getting a snif near the top six. Maybe if Blackburn find their form they might start pushing. But to all teams....good luck!!!

ESSAY!!!

Guest Gouldie

As my game was called off yesterday I went with the Father in law to Argyle. CRAP is the first word that comes to mind. Never kept the ball for more than 3 passes before humping it forward to the strikers who both play like target men!!

Was very surprised by the comments from people in the crowd that David James may be heading to the South West! No not another big money move for Truro but Argyle.

Can't see it myself!

Guest Sport Lover

I watched Argyle v QPR on boxing day and both teams were rubbish just Argyle were slightly less rubbish and scrapped a win in the last minute.

Argyle did, a couple of times, manage to string 4 passes together I think QPR's highest tally was 3. Not bad work if you can get it.

Guest tom@white tigers

Barry Hayles Plymouth > Leicster

Lukasz Jutkiewicz Everton > Plymouth (Loan)

Dan Gosling Plymouth>Everton

Hopefully Dean Stamp will extend his loan from Exeter City > Truro City.

As my game was called off yesterday I went with the Father in law to Argyle. CRAP is the first word that comes to mind. Never kept the ball for more than 3 passes before humping it forward to the strikers who both play like target men!!

Was very surprised by the comments from people in the crowd that David James may be heading to the South West! No not another big money move for Truro but Argyle.

Can't see it myself!

typical armchair fan,stick to the premiership. that wasn't a bad performance. 1st half not great, much better second. Argyles two forwards were superb. Boxing day not great but need a couple signings. one in midfield.

as for James, he lives in Devon. Chudleigh.

Guest Gouldie

Can't lie about it not even an armchair fan of Argyle. I support my home town Reading. I play a lot of football and watch about 10 times more. Argyle were awful. It was all long ball. You had no movement upfront. The 2 of them are identical in their style of play. Easter is the better of the 2 but you need someone different to make the runs for flicks etc. There were so many times when there was the opportunity to play the width and keep the ball but it was lumped forward to the target men with no support from the midfield.

Are you happy to pay money for that every week? I would rather watch some of the local games.

Guest Sport Lover

The only guy who impressed me in the Arglye v QPR match was the Argyle defender who had the headband/bandage on. Didnt miss a header looked solid and confident. Dont know who he was.

Guest Bushranger

Sport lover ,dont you just love it?more money than chelshit!Dont worry about plymouth we are happy in the championship argyle,next season should be the last time we play them!Not sure if luigi is the man to splash our cash !Good to send ollie away from his return to hq with his tail between his legs though!!

Guest Doomer17

Thought this was about transfers, not argyle!?

David beckham signs for arsenal!! Only kidding, hes just training with us whilst the season is at a close in USA... Got his own training gear with number 23 on it and all.... Not his biggest fan but not many can cross the ball like him so go on wenger, tap him up mate!! :P

Ex Newcastle and france international Lauren Robert on trial at Derby. Be a good signing if they get him although many believe his best years are well behind him (not me, i think hes awesome and still has it!)

Johnny evans on loan at Sunderland, and they want George boateng for around 4 million, and Danny mills. Man citys bid for Santa cruz (what a striker) was rejected, and finally i believe derby are signing a quality mexican striker plus a keeper?...thats transfer news!!

:D

Guest Helston Patriot

David beckham signs for arsenal!! Only kidding, hes just training with us whilst....

Holy shit you play for the Arsenal??? If thats the case i'll give up my membership

Guest Doomer17

David beckham signs for arsenal!! Only kidding, hes just training with us whilst....

Holy shit you play for the Arsenal??? If thats the case i'll give up my membership

Yea, didn't you know? Great isnt it!! Tell ya what ill do, invite a scout to watch you too, tomorrow....Actually better not, not the best game to invite him to...i mean truro are so gona destroy you!! :wacko::thumbsup:

P.S-(give up the memebership anyway)

And yea, im sure Liverpool will have a few new spanish recruits!!

Guest tom@white tigers

I'm sure the Beckham situation won't help his relationship with Alex Ferguson!

Other snippets of news include Manchester City's new loan signing Nery Castillo paid Ukrainian club Shakhtar Donetsk half of the loan fee himself to secure his move to Eastlands. Fulham could make a £2.5m move for Liverpool's Harry Kewell. Manchester City and Wigan are both interested in signing former Liverpool keeper Jerzy Dudek, who is now reserve keeper at Real Madrid. That's the funny thing about Dudek he left Liverpool because all he did was warm the bench. He joined Madrid where he had even less of a chance of playing.

Guest Helston Patriot

Yea, didn't you know? Great isnt it!! Tell ya what ill do, invite a scout to watch you too, tomorrow....Actually better not, not the best game to invite him to...i mean truro are so gona destroy you!! :wacko::thumbsup:

P.S-(give up the memebership anyway)

He should of watched when we played you at yours... I EVEN SCORED!!! You know as a 'keeper when to give it up when i score against you! I think the other 2 'keepers actually retired when i scored :clapper: