Cornwall Football Forum

mousehole 1 wadebridge 0

On behalf of all at Wadebridge AFC i would like to congratulate Mousehole AFC for their performance yesterday.

As most who saw the game would agree we cetainly didn't deserve to lose the game and really should have been ahead at half-time, but if you don't take your chances then anything can happen. Mousehole defended brilliantly for 90 mins and we didn't get conttrol of the ball on a very bumpy pitch ;having said that it was the same for both teams.

The sending off of Joe Beckett was to me ridiculous, Referee Ian Roberts who was good throughout made a bad call giving Joe a straight red for a lunging tackle. His feet never left the ground and although he was a little late it was no more than a yellow card. If the Mousehole players were honest they were just as surprised as we were when the red card was shown.

Nevertheless we did still try and win the game but couldn't get the little bit of luck we needed; but you make your own luck in football and Mousehole had that little bit of luck from a free-kick when the ball fell for them to win the game.

When you consider the have to pay to play i think they deserve extra praise for their efforts this season.

If i were to be critical of Wadebridge is that at times in the second half we lost our discipline and got frustrated with the officials which never helps ones cause. When decisions go against you like they have in the last two games you simply have to keep your heads.

I put it down to our efforts to win every game; and i would hate for anyone to think we were bad losers because we are not.

On that note i would like to apologise to Mousehole for the fact that not many of us stayed for a drink afterwards but that was because it was xmas and some of the players had parties to go too, and long journeys and not because we lost the game.

Well done Mousehole keep it going !!!!.