Cornwall Football Forum

Parish Council Pitches

jayer102

Morning All 

This is a request for details from all clubs that work with and use a Parish Council pitch. 

I am currently restarting talks with Kenwyn Parish about Theeemilestone returning to use the pitch in the village. 

But first of all I have to provide them with a business plan and how we as a club propose we share the playing field with rest of the community 

So I was wandering could any other clubs provide me of any details how they run things with their parish. 

Ie. fees, up keep of pitch changing rooms etc just all that goes on between the two parties. 

Many Thanks in advance 

Ian Jay 

Threemilestone AFC 

13 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

We at redruth United work with the council but seem to be doing more and more because of their ever reducing budget.we have our own mower recently purchased and if we spend the money on turf exetra they will lay it but we have had to water and nurture it ourselves

Do you mind if I ask what your charged for use of the facilities etc and what you get for that money 

Not sure how much roughly£1400 for 2 teams. 18 grass cuts a year nets put up changing rooms and showers when working.but we get our nets put up because of the 4 pitches. This is whywe have our own mower and last summer we put roughly 5 dumpy bags of topsoil in the far goalmouth plus turf. We start work again straight after our last home fixture in may to try and improve the surface. I think I am right in saying we have only called off two games because of the pitch this season so we are heading get in the right direction but it takes time and money