Cornwall Football Forum

Gloweth out of sunday cup 2nd DIV after winning...

Guest Postie Pidge

A good club secretary will make sure all the players are eligible before the game and it helps to ask if the player has signed for another club before hand! It's the clubs decision to make sure all the players can play, not the League secretary.

Lots of confusion over this one!

I play for Gloweth & the club changed managers mid pre season because Andrew Lilly is moving away,

unfortunatly the paperwork side of things wasn't that well looked after or explained when everything changed hands so both Dave (new manager) & Sarah (new secretary) have done a great job in turning things round.

As far as the club knew we had filled all the correct transfer forms for mike & had completed them, but to our surprise obviously not which sucks big time!

I just hope their r no more nasty surprises & we can get back to playing good football & keeping or unbeaten run going!

GUFC!!!!

hey im the player tht wasnt signed on apprently but i signed so many forms this season and my form was sent with another one of our players. so im not sure why mine wasnt there but his was. Thats what has be baffled. Cause it was my transfer form not signed apprently but i played in the league before that game and it was ok???? i know its all behind now and were just looking to get on a win our games. just a big shame that paper work was lost, and ended with us being kicked out the cup. specially when we had a decent shout at winning it :( owell spose league and league cup still up for grabs. Woop Woop

Guest stealth

.....Only doing what the Rules state we have to do .

Play an unregistered player then you get kicked out of Cup............happens in ANY League !!!

.but then it`s more fun calling me the bad guy instead :blink::blink:

play an unregistered player you get kicked out of the cup -

play a suspended player in a cup game and the game has to be played again ..........wot league does that happen in

when you know the TRUE facts then can make CORRECT allegations re Cup matches then feel free to post your comments .

Until then keep your opinions to yourselves please ............

Your UNTRUE words could all come back to haunt you .....

The League and CCFA know what has happened ........sadly you lot just THINK you know :o:o:o:o

Gossip is a dangerous thing !!!! :clapper: :clapper:

If the rules were made clear by the league and CFA in the first place we might not have this problem. Its no good telling somebody the rules once they've already broken them. Of course we need rules and regulations and they should be prperly enforced but surely they should be properly curculated to the clubs and players first so everyone knows where they are? :c:

........unbelievable comment the last one !!!!!!!!

CCFA SEND ALL CLUB SECRETARIES A COUNTY RULEBOOK EACH YEAR ...they were even out EARLY in September this year !!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

ALSO I CAN ASSURE YOU THE SUNDAY LEAGUE GIVE EACH CLUB 2 COPIES OF OUR LEAGUE RULES EACH SEASON !! Clubs in this League sign an agreement to abide by them . :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If your club secretary decides against reading them or passing the info on to their players ......

how does it suddenly becomes a " lack of information " problem when a club breaks them ???

Might be a good idea if you speak to people within your own club before making scurrilous accusations in future :clapper::clapper: :clapper:

Hardly making accusations there just saying i dont think the rules are as clear as they should be. I clearly stated that rules should be enforced properly. You seem to be on the defensive a lot mate, i wasnt having a pop i would just like to see more players, managers and clubs to know and abide by the rules to avoid further confusion and problems. Sadly that currently isnt the case and i think more should be done to educate everybody.

when you know the TRUE facts then can make CORRECT allegations re Cup matches then feel free to post your comments .

Until then keep your opinions to yourselves please ............

Your UNTRUE words could all come back to haunt you .....

The League and CCFA know what has happened ........sadly you lot just THINK you know :o:o:o:o

Gossip is a dangerous thing !!!! :clapper::clapper:

keep your opinions to yourself

you do understand this is a forum right?????

....big number 9 ................

so it is ok to make FALSE allegations about a League official then , with no comeback .

Have a nice day now :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hardly making accusations there just saying i dont think the rules are as clear as they should be. I clearly stated that rules should be enforced properly. You seem to be on the defensive a lot mate, i wasnt having a pop i would just like to see more players, managers and clubs to know and abide by the rules to avoid further confusion and problems. Sadly that currently isnt the case and i think more should be done to educate everybody.

SO SPEND AN EVENING READING THE RULEBOOK THEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yeah but what im saying is that i signed all the forms and they were sent in with another players forms. His have been filed and mine must of been lost. this is my arguement!! So if someone on the board loses the paper work how is that the players or clubs fault!! This is the question i pose to you.

I think this topic is getting a little out of hand. I dont need to read the rulebook because i already have and i think its abit exteme to say that accusations have made against a league official. All i was saying is that not enough people now the rules and regulations and nobody wants to see clubs and players being expelled from competitions because they arent wise to the rules. I know its easy for me to say the league has to do something about it but ive spoken to players and managers of several clubs and they are either unwise or ignorant to the rules. Admittedly, i dont know what has been done by the league to educate and enforce the laws but the trouble is the rule breaking does happen.

Of course, no offense was made by any of my comments and if any was caused, i apologise. As a (rule abiding!!!) sunday league player who enjoys his footy id just like to see these problems resolved, for the good of the game.

:c::c: :c:

Unfortunately Rules are a delicate issue ...and we are tied in what we can put in them.

Do players realise that Leagues CANNOT just put any wording in their Rules.......they have to follow a NATIONAL STANDARD code of rules wording as set out by the FA .

ie ALL Rule numbers have to correspond to the same Rule in every league up and down the country .

We would love to simplify most of them but are NOT ALLOWED to by FA .......hence all the useless jargon !!

Any proposed Rules wording changes ...however small ....have to be passed by the FA Rules Committee before we can even put them to our clubs .

IT IS NOT THE LEAGUES FAULT SOME ARE COMPLICATED .

But I think we all know we cannot sign a registration form for a club in Div 1 and then decide to play for somebody completely different in Div 2 and get away with it unpunished!!!

.............. Whatever way the rules are written Mr Hodge :blink: :blink: