Cornwall Football Forum

Tavistock promotion push.

With tavi signing Will Stringer to boost their promotion bid will anyone else be added to the squad? I belive they will bring in more players ready for next season!! If they dont make it this time around. Couple rumours I have heard is Sam cooper from Newquay, and Mike Arscott from Torpoint who was previously with tavi. I bet one of these moves will happen.

In terms of next season I don't see why they really need to strengthen that much if they gain promotion. They have played Saltash and beat them and very nearly beat St Austell, two of the best teams in the premier this season. Tinkering too much with a squad surely will cause disharmony and clearly they are good enough to mix it back with the top sides in the premier anyway. 

As for those players mentioned, can't really see how they would strengthen tavi too much with plenty of quality in those positions already, certainly at centre half anyway with Dawe, Manley and Stringer.

Hope they go up, a club with those facilities should be of western league standard let alone step 6 peninsular premier.