Cornwall Football Forum

new teams or folding

new teams are not always exciting! !...this is part the reason so many teams are folding...too many "new teams"...think there is possibly only one "new team" applying this year. ..but at least its from a well established club and set up

Heard it was penryn possibly. Also dobbie if im not mistaken did u not put in a new side bk in 2012? Ur 3rd team... just pointing out an opposite to ur opinion not trying to start anything n dont need every1s opinions on new teams the question was. Whos still with us, whos folding n who wants to join?

difference being we were not a new club dave...an established club that re started the third team to introduce the youth players to adult football as we have one of the biggest youth set up's in the county....and it was a decision made by a well organised committee at and club. Also heard it was Penryn. .and am sure it will be well organised and no chance of another "team" folding.

Penryn folded their 4th team a couple seasons bk to be fair im not knocking Helston but there was a time when u was a new club starting up n im sure uv hit hard times in the past but yeah u have a good set up but what did u have at the start a field and a bunch of guys driven to do their best. Then uv built ur club up. Teams all start from the same place requires hard work and committed people. Look at park for example. One time they had 2 Saturday teams and a Sunday hit hard times had to withdraw from the league but scott, dave, pete and all the past committed players have made them a strong team and obv with success attracted other great players from local sides to wana leave and join them resulting in an unbeaten season. Remember dont knock new clubs cos yes some last less than a season, some only a couple but some do make it work and become big clubs.

Dobbie u say "re-started" is that because u pulled ur 3rds from the league before? I thought u was an organised club etc so why withdraw.... or did u fall on hard times like some of these new sides/clubs ur knocking for wanting to join?

Dave..for someone who said he is not trying to start something you are doing well!! As my post stated the 3rd team restarted to bring the youth through at the club...at the time the third disbanded quite a few years ago there was no youth set up at helston. At no point in my comments have i been knocking new teams starting up...not quite sure where you read that i was!! ...am just saying what so many of you have said on various threads through out the season, about teams and clubs folding due to their being too many teams about!

Loads new teams set up recently dave yours being one so cant see why that point made .. Helston thirds did start up but no team round there folded if im correct .. teams folding during this season arent near new teams though I believe .. lets just concentrate on our own clubs and see what happens at agm