Cornwall Football Forum

Wear A Sports Shirts Day - Friday, 13th June 2014 - An appeal to clubs with clubhouses

All,

As you may be aware as part of my project to collect football shirts, kit, equipment etc I am organising a Wear A Sports Shirt Day on Friday, 13th June 2014.

The basic concept is a simple one - wear a sports shirt that day and donate an old shirt or other item of sports clothing or equipment.

To that end I am appealing to clubs with clubhouses - or indeed a strong connection with a local pub - for support.

How it would work for a clubhouse (or pub) is simple.

Anyone working that day would be asked to wear a sports shirt to work - and donate something to the appeal/ (Or the club could do that on their behalf.)

The club / pub could then encourage members / regulars to wear a sports shirt that day when they go to the club and ask them to donate with the club acting as a collection point.

I am delighted that Saltash United will be supporting the day along with 4 other pubs in Saltash.

Four charities are now involved - KitAid, Kits4Causes, SOS Kit Aid and, closed to home, St Lukes Hospice.

Any support would be very much appreciated and I can be contacted via the forum or on e mail - julian.chenery@hotmail.com.

Many thanks,