Cornwall Football Forum

Now the end is Near

unitedrhino

Tomorrow will be my last game involved in football as a manager or player.

Its been a long time since playing with Quality players like Chris Hawke, Mark Rowe and Paul Martyn and managing clubs from St Dennis, Boscawen, Newmoor, Roche and my first management job at Queens Rangers and the pleasure i got from starting the Mini Soccer Centre at St Dennis and to see them doing extremely well.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who as helped, played for or made my life enjoyable or miserable over the last 40 years.

I have been at Nanpean Rovers for the past 2 seasons and at times its been a real struggle, but the committee which is 2nd to none have been fantastic and we have an away game at Lanreath to look forward to tomorrow. (Few Beers back Nanpean)

It wouldn't be possible to mention everyone without upsetting a few, although Doug Creba and Jim Matta in the early days deserve a mention, along with all at Nanpean and Dave Rickard at St Dennis and the Rev Jake Watson from the Royal Navy.

I would like to wish Roche all the best for Monday's Final and win it for Doug Jago.

The would to thank my mate Scott Allen who i have managed and worked with for 24+ years, so now i am finishing i need to tell you that you are never going to be a winger, get back in Defence.

I have also upset a lot of referee's over the years, so i need to say i meant everything i said

I apologise to the CCFA who will have to find another way of funding itself

I made a lot of mistakes along the way, but also had plenty of success and tried to do it honestly.

I have always been a Leeds United Fanatic, so if i have upset anyone its their fault.

God Bless and Thank You for the memories. MoT

Steven John Bates