Cornwall Football Forum

rules just don't make sense

Long story short, Padstows first game of the seasonwe absolutely battered st breward in every way BUT lost the game 3-2. Even the st brewrd manager and players were baffled by it, win some/ lose some. The issue I have is the winning team fielded and illegal player, and have had the points taken away from them which is the correct thing to do, but Padstow havnt been awarded the points and the game will not be replayed, so in effect nobody has won any points for the game, were well in the hunt for promotion this year and hope this doesn't cost us come the end of the season.

This is not sour grapes or being a bad loser just feel it is another rule that needs overlooking for the future!!!!

i was under the impression,that you were awarded the points if a team has been found to have played an unregistered player,but this seems not to be the case.if teams lose the match and play an unregistered player they dont get punished as they did not gain points,this seems unfair.

Guys, as manager of Padstow I can assure you that the decision of the Duchy league is 100% correct.

I know this because at the AGM before the start of the season all the clubs voted for this change.

As it was the unregistered player only came on with a few minutes to go and did not make any impact on the game.

From my point of view we should have had the points sewn up at halftime so I'm not going to go on about this being an unfair decision because it's not.

Just need to go on a long unbeaten run!

Cheers

Simmo147 or should I call you Keith?

It was something the club looked into and there's nothing we can do, rules is rules as they say.

We only heard about the issue on the grapevine, nothing official, not that it matters.

Any how, how's you're season going?

Looks like you have brought in some quality players?

Hope you have a really good season mate

Cheers

By all accounts the referee didn't know his son wasn't signed on, not a personal dig at him at all as I think Toots is a top referee, always got on well with him, just an unfortunate set of circumstances, padstow only have themselves to blame at the end of the day, game should have been wrapped up by half time

By all accounts the referee didn't know his son wasn't signed on, not a personal dig at him at all as I think Toots is a top referee, always got on well with him, just an unfortunate set of circumstances, padstow only have themselves to blame at the end of the day, game should have been wrapped up by half time