Cornwall Football Forum

End of the month, end of the line?

With Truro having been sold to this "Jojo" outfit, will the Salisbury man's company continue paying the Truro players wages? I imagine not, in which case I can't see the players wanting to turn out this Saturday as the next end-of-the-month payday will have come and gone. I sadly predict more turbulence at the club and I think this time it really will be terminal. Such a shame for Cornish football and for football fans living in Cornwall. I do hope I'm wrong.

The clouds are gathering, but behind them there might be the people who could save the club if it weren't for the egos of some of the principals involved. A "This is Cornwall" reports that the sacked CEO might return if he could actually have control of the day to day running of the club - something he was apparently given the impression he had got until Mr Heaney disapproved of his committee. Then the man who apparently has no official position in the club any more still holds the strings by sacking the CEO. I think by now there can only be two or three people at the most who think Mr Heaney should remain with the club. He brought the club its success but now it appears that he is bringing about the club's downfall. Has he bought the right to do that? He needs to understand that if he goes quietly but definitely, absolutely, finally, he will will be gratefully remembered for the promotions and the Vase, but if he carries on interfering with people who are supposed to be doing their job - something he has done from day 1, sacking Steve Massey as manager because he, Mr Heaney, knew better than Mr Massey how to coach a football team! - then no-one will come in to help the club. There must be literally dozens of people out there who would turn up to do all the jobs that should be being done - pitch care, kit maintenance, gate, stewarding, reception, raffles, programme, refreshments, advertising, community contacts, recruitment of sponsors, entertainment, club shop, the bar, publicity, etc. I know some of these are being done but it is, I am told, a thin line fraying in the middle.

It is a maddening situation and the lack of leadership, the absence of club comments, these just increase the confusion. They insult all involved with the club. I may be in Cornwall this weekend in which case I might drop in for the game on Saturday because it promises to be an unforgettable afternoon if the players aren't paid this month.