Cornwall Football Forum

Ivybridge Relagated ?

I don't think so.....BUT... There are a couple of variables.

I take it ( just presuming here ) that Buckland have to tender an official resignation to the SWPL ? Until then they are still a SWPL team ( and still one league game to play ) and as such ,Ivybridge for the present, are indeed relegated.

Buckland could always pull out of promotion to the TWPL at the 11th hour sending the Ivys down.

However, Buckland will take promotion so another saving grace could be the fact that it is appearing highly unlikely that Liverton FC will gain promotion to the premier league.

Second placed Stoke Gabriel did apply alongside Liverton, so its over to them to see if they actually take it ?

If they don't, once again Ivybridge are safe.

Barnstaple Town FC have also confirmed that they will play in the TWPL next season as there was some doubt whether they would or not, meaning they would of almost certainly dropped down into the SWPL.

So basically because Buckland are going up and the Marines folding, then Ivybridge are safe.

Ok thanks for feedback

I just dont think its fair on Stoke or Helston to be honest. I'm sure coming 2nd in their league they both would love the chance of playing prem football.

Why save Ivybridge then? And not promote stoke or Helston?

Just a question and not a dig

I'm presuming stoke will go up if liverton don't, can only promote 1 team per league

And if the Jungle drums are correct, Russell Musker is emigrating and Tony Bowker is being lined up for the vacant Stoke job ?

This would indicate that Stoke Gabriel will indeed take promotion.

Interesting times ahead for current Liverton and Stoke players ? :wacko:

Ok thanks for feedback

I just dont think its fair on Stoke or Helston to be honest. I'm sure coming 2nd in their league they both would love the chance of playing prem football.

Why save Ivybridge then? And not promote stoke or Helston?

Just a question and not a dig

I'm pretty sure that the League rules only allow promotion of one team from division 1 west and one from division 1 east.

This would normally be the champions, but if for example their ground doesn't meet premier requirements then the runners-up can be promoted provided they do meet the requirements.