Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League results (or lack of)

Altarnun v Foxhole Stars - match cancelled due to Foxhole being able to raise a side.

A frustrating evening's work for this groundhopper. Nice drive though!

They managed to get a team Saturday with 4 first teamers and a few players who don't play for them !!!

Altarnun v Foxhole Stars - match cancelled due to Foxhole being able to raise a side.

A frustrating evening's work for this groundhopper. Nice drive though!

They managed to get a team Saturday with 4 first teamers and a few players who don't play for them !!!

yeah thats twice its happened this season to us at altarnun,to be honest its a complete joke.Its ok but some players have to have days off work etc to play these games and then teams cant be bothered to see the season out,just chuck them out the league and put teams in that will fulfill the fixtures.

yeah thats twice its happened this season to us at altarnun,to be honest its a complete joke.Its ok but some players have to have days off work etc to play these games and then teams cant be bothered to see the season out,just chuck them out the league and put teams in that will fulfill the fixtures.

and very frustrating for a neutral spectator like me to make a 60 mile round trip for an advertised fixture. It makes a mockery of the league and I hope clubs who do this get heavily fined.

Makes a mockery of the Duchy League ???

This is a South West Peninsula side (Foxhole Stars) you are talking out, over the last month it has happened twice again with South West Peninsula sides, check the records.

Surely you should be asking these Senior sides why they are unable to fulfil fixtures in the Duchy League, and not put the blame sorely at the door of the Duchy League.

Makes a mockery of the Duchy League ???

This is a South West Peninsula side (Foxhole Stars) you are talking out, over the last month it has happened twice again with South West Peninsula sides, check the records.

Surely you should be asking these Senior sides why they are unable to fulfil fixtures in the Duchy League, and not put the blame sorely at the door of the Duchy League.

I'm not blaming the league, I'm blaming Foxhole Football Club - I thought that was fairly clear from my post!