Cornwall Football Forum

Will St Agnes left back Bradley Leivers sign the forms?

Bradley Leivers' future with St Agnes AFC is in jeopardy after the young left back has attracted interest from several Peninsula clubs such as Penryn, Newquay, Holsworthy and even rivals Perranporth! It has also been heard than the ginger left back has been approached by Truro City reserves, with the possible prospect of entering the first team in future years, following college team mates Cody Cooke and Kieran Conibear-Trathen. Tell Cornish football fans what you've heard!

I've heard these rumours aswell from a reliable source. At such a young age he has a huge future ahead of him and theres no suprise hes attracting intrest from these top clubs across the county having had a absolutely superb season with Aggie! What will be the ideal move for the lad though with so many options on the cards, Only time will tell!

PS - nice to see a local lad attracting intrest from a club of Truros stature for example,just shows what talent Cornwall has.

I've heard that he might be signing for Man City as they attempt to do a football manager style, snap up of young talent across the country. These rumours have been going around and can be supported by the fact he was seen with some high profile City people at the FA cup final on Saturday. St Agnes would receive some form of funding from City i guess.

All I can say is that I hope he ends up playing for a club that will continue to increase his development. This includes staying at St Agnes who appear to have done an excellent job so far, getting him to a place where other clubs from higher up the league structure are showing an interest.

My concern is that by stepping up to a higher league, that physicality becomes much more of an issue and judging by his age and build, he could find regularly himself 'muscled' out of games. This would be counter productive and so I would recommend he goes somewhere where he can be developed technically, tactically and mentally while he develops becoming physically stronger.

The other slightly unsavoury nature of this topic is that it appears to be putting pressure on him to 'sign the forms' in what is after all a public forum. As I said before, it's only important that he goes to somewhere that will suit him best and not be made to feel he has to sign anywhere through external pressure from outside parties.

Best of luck to him.

:thumbsup:

I've heard that he might be signing for Man City as they attempt to do a football manager style, snap up of young talent across the country. These rumours have been going around and can be supported by the fact he was seen with some high profile City people at the FA cup final on Saturday. St Agnes would receive some form of funding from City i guess.

Thats a very good point, maybe thats the reason he was sitting in the royal box a wembley! city are intrested him.??

As i have known the lad, bradley for several years now, i know the type of person he is.

And i have seen this all before, in the 2006-2007 season i saw a 12 year old bradley leivers get snapped up by, the then top of the u13's kernow league top side, truro city lions, i saw his ego swell after this and after successive cup victories with the lions, I saw a more egotistical approach to his footballing style, took the decisions to go alone rather than pass to his team mates, as his confidence became boarderline arrogance and he became out of favour with the coaching staff at city with other players such a Jack James and Jake Shaw taking over the full back positions, we saw Bradley's confidence evaporating and last season he moved to St Agnes AFC's U16's in the second tier of kernow league football where he was once again acquainted with his assistant coach at Truro Lions and Truro Tigers; his first club Gary Springall, Gary gave him the confidence he needed and we saw some of the Bradley that we did as a 12 year old, this got him spotted by Martin Kimmins and the St Agnes 1st team, i'm just hoping these rumours of big clubs don't lead to the same mistakes he made at Truro Lions and leading to his ego swelling and spiralling out of control.

Maybe the fact that his "mates" are on here speaking about him so much doesn't help!!!

And judging by some of the posts they have been writing it's like reading the sports pages in the Sunday Times.

Just let the lad play wherever he wants to play, without pressure from those around him or those outside looking in.

I've never seen him play but all the best for the coming season.....

i go to college with bradley and he said he's weighing up his options and is unsure about his future at the present time.

Do you play second team with him?

[/quote

Is this all a bit made up because he is like Paul Scholes ??? :rolleyes:

i go to college with bradley and he said he's weighing up his options and is unsure about his future at the present time.

[/quote

Think it must be a wind up as the player being mentioned is hardly peninsula standard

[/quote

Think it must be a wind up as the player being mentioned is hardly peninsula standard

He is ginger............... :clapper: ( is that racist) ?