Cornwall Football Forum

Combination League End of Season Review

I have seen a similar thread on a different forum and wondered what peoples thoughts were of the combination clubs and players this season;

Have a look and add your thoughts and ideas;

These are just my opinions and that doesnt mean they are right or wrong.

Best After Match Food - Helston

Friendliest clubs - St Just - on the field you get a battle, off it great bunch of lads

Best signing - Dom Pullen (Perranwell) 53 goals+ says it all

Under performers - St. Day - Talk of the title at the start of the season

Over achievers - Pendeen - After promotion last season nobody expected them to do so well

Best crowd - difficult one cant really pick a specific crowd.

Worst place to visit - Pendeen - nothing against the club, a long journey and we didnt play well

Worst Facilities - Perranwell - One of the showers was cold and the light in the changing room didnt work

Best strike partnership - Liam Eddy, Mark Goldsworthy (Helston)

Best Goalkeeper - Tom Collins (Mullion)

Best After Match Food - Culdrose

Friendliest clubs - Wendron

Best signing - Sid Taylor - took a team of 4 senior players and transformed them into champions, albeit with a massive budget, hance why Nige Thwaites and Liam Eddy signed at the start of the season.

Under performers - Penryn - I thought they were going on to bigger things after not losing a game last season

Over achievers - St Agnes - young team who surely should of been near the bottom. Great achievement by Mr Kimmins

Best crowd - Pendeen were a vocal bunch as were Perranwell.

Worst place to visit - Perranwell - only because its the only league game Helston lost while I was playing for them.

Worst Facilities - Perranwell

Best strike partnership - Mike O'Neill and Rob Dunne - although Mikey didn't play against Helston they are both over the 20 goal mark, don't think any other strike force in the combo is

Best Goalkeeper - Difficult one this one. Sid Taylor kept 10 clean sheets in 16 games, Martyn Webster has transformed into an excellent goalkeeper also but I was impressed with the Wendron keeper Ian Carpenter

Best After Match Food - Culdrose

Friendliest clubs - Wendron

Best signing - Sid Taylor - took a team of 4 senior players and transformed them into champions, albeit with a massive budget, hance why Nige Thwaites and Liam Eddy signed at the start of the season.

Under performers - Penryn - I thought they were going on to bigger things after not losing a game last season

Over achievers - St Agnes - young team who surely should of been near the bottom. Great achievement by Mr Kimmins

Best crowd - Pendeen were a vocal bunch as were Perranwell.

Worst place to visit - Perranwell - only because its the only league game Helston lost while I was playing for them.

Worst Facilities - Perranwell

Best strike partnership - Mike O'Neill and Rob Dunne - although Mikey didn't play against Helston they are both over the 20 goal mark, don't think any other strike force in the combo is

Best Goalkeeper - Difficult one this one. Sid Taylor kept 10 clean sheets in 16 games, Martyn Webster has transformed into an excellent goalkeeper also but I was impressed with the Wendron keeper Ian Carpenter

Got to agree about Ian Carpenter....class!