Cornwall Football Forum

RNAS Culdrose win Navy Cup Final at Frattton Park

RNAS Culdrose 3-1 HMS Ark Royal

Buckler

Collick

Reed

A very happy J-man and Scooby won't steal the J-Man's thunder as I am sure he will do a match report once we sober up!

Cheers fellas for making a lifelong Pompey fan very proud!!

Buckler

Collick

Reed

A very happy J-man and Scooby won't steal the J-Man's thunder as I am sure he will do a match report once we sober up!

How many guys do play for the Combo league side? On a regular basis.

Buckler

Collick

Reed

yes as scoobie said a cracking result played on a outstanding surface at fratton park,the squad had a tour of the ground in the morning, andgot thier hands on the FA Cup also! this was the 1st time the Navy Cup Final had been played at Fratton Park since 1957, so it was quite an honour to be the manager of such a talented squad. we went 1-0 down after 50 mins from a corner / scramble! then Joe Perrin crossed for Sam Buckler to equalise, 5 mins later aaron collick was brought down for a pen, he slotted it to make it 2-1, then with 10 mins left chris reed went through on goal and nugged the keeper to complete the scoring! we had a cracking time in the VIP bar etc afterwards!! we were the better team on the night and deserved the win, Scoobie was like a kid in the sweet shop from the minute we got into the stand, and i am glad the team made it to the final which will be a very fond memory in his career/life! he deserved this due to the amount of work he does for RNAS Culdrose FC.

The full squad for the cup final was:- Tom Collins(mullion),Ross Taylor(culdrose), sam buckler (porthleven 1st),steve shovel(st day), dan rowe(culdrose),Jamie Thirkle(Penzance), JJ Brooks (space!),Fez Parker(helston),danny brookwell(culdrose),Aaron Collick(helston),Nev southall(porthleven 2nds),Subs -Chris reed(culdrose,used),joe perrin(helston,used),lee gribble(truro 2nds),jamie adam(culdrose,used),ben earl(culdrose),shane abrahams(culdrose)and Scoobie Plenty! :drink:

Buckler

Collick

Reed

yes as scoobie said a cracking result played on a outstanding surface at fratton park,the squad had a tour of the ground in the morning, andgot thier hands on the FA Cup also! this was the 1st time the Navy Cup Final had been played at Fratton Park since 1957, so it was quite an honour to be the manager of such a talented squad. we went 1-0 down after 50 mins from a corner / scramble! then Joe Perrin crossed for Sam Buckler to equalise, 5 mins later aaron collick was brought down for a pen, he slotted it to make it 2-1, then with 10 mins left chris reed went through on goal and nugged the keeper to complete the scoring! we had a cracking time in the VIP bar etc afterwards!! we were the better team on the night and deserved the win, Scoobie was like a kid in the sweet shop from the minute we got into the stand, and i am glad the team made it to the final which will be a very fond memory in his career/life! he deserved this due to the amount of work he does for RNAS Culdrose FC.

The full squad for the cup final was:- Tom Collins(mullion),Ross Taylor(culdrose), sam buckler (porthleven 1st),steve shovel(st day), dan rowe(culdrose),Jamie Thirkle(Penzance), JJ Brooks (space!),Fez Parker(helston),danny brookwell(culdrose),Aaron Collick(helston),Nev southall(porthleven 2nds),Subs -Chris reed(culdrose,used),joe perrin(helston,used),lee gribble(truro 2nds),jamie adam(culdrose,used),ben earl(culdrose),shane abrahams(culdrose)and Scoobie Plenty! :drink:

Well 3 played and 3 were subs so fair play and well done. :c:

And i do agree that Scooby does a brilliant job with his guys who are not always available to him.

He is a really nice guy!! :clapper: