Cornwall Football Forum

FA Cup

Guest Upriver

Guest Upriver

I would like to research the Best of Cornish to date as regards outstanding FA Cup runs. I know Falmouth Town reached the 1st Round Proper in 1962, 67 and 69, plus the 4th Qualifying Round on several other occasions, but can anyone remind me of the next best by other clubs, please? My memory is hazy in that direction, but I believe St Blazey reached the 4th qualifying round in one year, didn't they? And maybe Saltash United have also got that far? All details most welcome.

Guest Upriver

I would like to research the Best of Cornish to date as regards outstanding FA Cup runs. I know Falmouth Town reached the 1st Round Proper in 1962, 67 and 69, plus the 4th Qualifying Round on several other occasions, but can anyone remind me of the next best by other clubs, please? My memory is hazy in that direction, but I believe St Blazey reached the 4th qualifying round in one year, didn't they? And maybe Saltash United have also got that far? All details most welcome.

Guest Upriver

My thanks to Mike Odgers for this info:

1998-99 4th.QR St.Blazey 0 Camberley Town 2

1987-88 4th.QR Farnborough Town 4 Saltash United 2

That's all I need, thank you, unless anyone knows of any other Cornish clubs - apart from Falmouth Town, St Blazey and Saltash United - who have reached the 4th Qualifying Round of the FA Cup.