Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay AFC v Perranporth AFC

Looking forward to the game and facing Robbo (unless michelle has her baby) Is this the year that Jim takes Newquay up Judge ?

It is the be all and end all this season, the nearly men have to make the step up and prove that the Prem Div, is not as good as some think it is.

NEWQUAY 2 PERRANPORTH 1

A good game at mount wise where if you were a neutral you would have said that "The Peppermints" should have won 7 or 8 - 2 but we rode our luck and maybe should have rescued a point. Jim has got some excellent youngsters in his team and Robbo was always a threat, and Paul hampshire is still class but we nicked the lead right on half time when Brian Hawke rifled home from the edge of the box, this was after Newquay had had at least 5 or 6 chances either saved or denied by a last ditch block. Robbo was also brought down at 0 - 0 and Scott Palmer hit an absolute rocket of a penalty which nearly knocked my arm out of its socket saving it.

The 2nd half was only a couple of minutes old when we missed two excellent chances but for the rest of the game it was all newquay pressure. A dodgy hand ball led to another Penalty which Robbo took and missed slthough as all goalkeepers do i'll claim a touch, finally with 20 minutes to go a quick free kick found robbo who fed Carne and he sloted home for the equaliser, not more than two minutes later Palmer cut in to rifle home the winner from the edge of the box. Danny Ford almost rescued a point but his 20 yarder crashed against the post.

Overall you would say the better team got the three points watched by a good crowd enjoying a lovely sunset and a spectacular moon..... anyway its a well earned rest for me as my son Ben is back on saturday.

Quality comment from a young lad and his dad behind the goal in the 2nd half "Dad, why is the defender taking the goalkicks ?" "Well the keeper may have an injury or he may be old and Knackered !!!"