Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay AFC Combo v Premier 6's

I was so proud of the performance of the P6 boys last night as without our first choice centre backs and stricken of last seasons top scorers Martyn Probert (42 goals) and Ben Lawrence (22 goals) as well as new signings Jack Bevan and Josh Mitchell I honestly thought we were going to get turned over given Newquay had an exceptionally strong 18+ player squad. I am probably playing center back this season but had to start up front such was the limitation of striking options available to us on the night.

P6 took a first half lead and held it till the 60 minute mark when Keatley scored an own goal from a Newquay free-kick following a poorly timed triple substitution. Both sides had chances to win it with Newquay claiming goals two and three in the last few minutes, which unfortunately coincided with the time we lost sweeper Al Titterington to an injury.

I think we'll do alright this season once we get everyone back from their summer jobs. If we get John Meagor back then we may even finish in the top half of Duchy 2 :yahoo: