Cornwall Football Forum

Guest Thommo

You watched a different game than me old chap! Granted Roche dominated the second half, without causing too many problems, but there were spells in the first, where you were outplayed by the young Wadebridge side with only five of our regulars available (due to work commitments, injuries and first team call ups). After losing our striker (hamstring) on fifteen minutes we played the remainder of the match with no subs to bring on, and a very young and inexperienced team. I don't want to take anything away from Roche, who deserved the victory over the 90 minutes, but you need to take into consideration the inexperience of your opponents. The first half was fairly even with both sides making chances, but the Bridgers played all the football, Roche nicked a goal before half time following a mix up in the Wadebridge defence. Roche controlled the second half, and played more football, but could not break down the young Bridgers. Both second half goals came in the last ten minutes of the game when the visitors began to tire! A neat offside trap(you know what I mean!), kept Wadebridge's chances to a minimum, although they did have a chance to score when it was two-nil, after Tommy Potterton beat the whole Roche team, before passing the ball neatly to Neil Mitchell in the home goal!

Good luck to Roche in the coming season, and well done to all the 3rd team and Under 18 players, who put on such a good first half display against senior opposition.