Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City v Banbury United

City host Banbury at Treyew Road on Saturday 30th Jan - 3pm.

There was a 0 - 0 draw between the 2 sides earlier in the season at Banbury and they are currently in the top half of the league pushing for a play-off place.

This will be the 4th game in charge for Truros new Manager Steve Thompson. Current record is won 1, drawn 1, lost 1.

Good Luck City.

I was at the game. Wrong substitution when Walker came on. Should have been Brown off, Watkins moved up front, Walker on the left. Watkins was wasted out wide. Banbury looked okay for three points despite Truro laying siege in the second half; trouble is, they rarely got any balls into the box so the siege was pretty ineffective. However, Yetton and Tooze perked things up a lot: the announcer said the equaliser came in the fourth minute of injury time and from where I was standing, in front of the burger van, the ball didn't cross the line anyway! So: point gained, not 3 lost, but play offs now out of the question. Steve Thompson will use this season to get things right and will upset others apart from Cambridge before the end of the season: then next season - look out!

Just my opinion.

Not a bad performance compared to some of the recent ones but again it was a lot of huff and puff for very little reward. We certainly didn't deserve to lose and in the second half we walloped the crossbar twice. I didn't think Banbury were all that special to be honest and seemed happy to hang on to their half time lead. As to whether the ball crossed the line, well the ref said it did so it did! We deserved that goal for our second half performance. Unfortunately in our position a draw is a wasted result and unless we can put a run of 5-6 wins together I can't see us even making a challenge for the play offs even though other results did us a slight favour. Maybe it's because I'm a half empty glass instead of a half full glass kind of bloke that I've still got one eye on the relegation places which are a damn sight closer than the play off places.

Our new signings didn't quite impress though like anyone else in new surroundings they'll need a few games to get on the same wavelength as their team mates. I fully agree with Common Tater about Watto out wide. He's at his best when allowed to wander along the line and on Saturday he seemed to be under strict instructions to stay wide.

It's also interesting to note that Broady, Yetts, Scotty and Marcus seem to be slowly fading out of the picture. Maybe there are injury concerns or maybe the new boss is making more use of the squad but I do wonder if come the end of the season a few familiar faces may be off to pastures new especially if we finish in mid table. With Graeme Power, Smithy and Willsy already gone we may be seeing the beginning of the end of an era. Did that make sense?