Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday 13th December - Results

Crowntown 1 Storm 3

Good game played in lovely conditions in an excellent spirit.

Storm took the lead after about 12 minutes with a header from a free kick. After that for the rest of the half, the teams were evenly matched with few clear cut chances for either side.

In the second half, Crowntown seemed to be more in the game and missed several good chances. The ball stck between Darren Drew's feet when he had the goal at his mercy from 6 yards out, keeper having gone walkabout. Half way through the second half, Storm increased their lead from the penalty spot , only for that to be cancelled out by Crowntown's Will Bain, following up a shot.

Crowntown pressed hard but just couldn't get an equaliser. Storm's third was a christmas gift from the goalkeeper when well out of his area he failed to complete a clearance allowing the Storm palyer to pass it into the goal from 30 yards.

Well reffed by Jon Barnicoat who was sufficiently impressed with the teams to award them both 10 out of 10 for their sporting approach.

Cornwall Sunday Cup

RNAS Culdrose 6 Shortlanesend 4 aet

1-2 h/t 4-4 at 90 mins

Penzance Astro Park 3 Threemilestone 2

Penzance Astropark 3 Threemilestone 2 (H/T 2-2)

I suppose a Div 2 team beating a Div 1 team can be seen as a cup upset so it's nice to be on the right side of that for once! Luckily for me we were a little short of starting players so got to play in a Xmas cracker :rolleyes: (sorry, couldn't resist!) of a cup tie.

Astro started really well, playing our passing game, and took an early 2-0 lead thanks to 2 great finishes from Corey Howes. We seemed to be cruising until TMS pulled 1 back against the run of play and then scored an equaliser straight out of the top drawer. Their guy brought the ball down on the edge of the area with one touch, swivelled and place a beautiful chip over Anger in goal. Ive gotta say I've seen goals like that given goal of the month on MOTD so :clapper: mate.

After 1/2 time TMS came storming out and to be honest we were up against it for a while but defended really well, although our keeper didn't have to make too many saves. The game ebbed and flowed all half and we missed a few chances including a fantastic overhead kick that clipped the top of the bar from an ageing midfield dynamo ;) . Several more long range attempts from said veteran will remain unmentioned..

Then with 3 minutes to go Ant burst into the box on the left and was brought down - penalty! I believe Luke 'No Pressure' Waller tucked it away but as I was looking the other way at the time I'm not sure.. We tightened up for last couple of minutes but still enabled Corey to miss his hattrick from an open goal :SM_carton_y:

A great result for Astro in an enjoyable, competitive game superbly refereed as usual by Mike Carter. Good luck in the league to TMS, shame you didn't come back for some grub as we had some lovely stew. Look forward to the next round and hopefully a home draw as don't fancy booking a hotel in Plymouth!

Oh yeah, MOTM - Paul Searle (1st time at right back for us and barely put a foot wrong-nice one fella!)

Guest feasey1

Tremough 4 - 2 booters (2-1 ht)

Tremough turned up with a very under strengthed squad with a lot of injuries, even in the starting 11. It was a very scrappy hard fought game by both sides. With both teams looking equally strong. Booters looked like they could get back into it in the last 15 mins but Tremough managed to just about hold on. Very glad to hear the final whistle as it looked like booters could have added more.

Good luck to booters for the rest of the season

Halestown 1 - 3 Gloweth United

Great win in the end for Gloweth. We just wanted it more in the end. Probably the scrappiest game i've ever played in, due to the pitch (Cut up all through the middle and on side of a mountain lol) But both teams put up a great fight. Ref had a very very very poor game. Calling one of my players a fat C**T, and not keeping up with play led to quite a few bad decisions both ways. Hats off to the players on both teams as they both just played the game and didn't let him ruin it too much.

Good luck to Halestown for the season and hope this is more to come from Gloweth!!!

Halestown 1 - 3 Gloweth United

Great win in the end for Gloweth. We just wanted it more in the end. Probably the scrappiest game i've ever played in, due to the pitch (Cut up all through the middle and on side of a mountain lol) But both teams put up a great fight. Ref had a very very very poor game. Calling one of my players a fat C**T, and not keeping up with play led to quite a few bad decisions both ways. Hats off to the players on both teams as they both just played the game and didn't let him ruin it too much.

Good luck to Halestown for the season and hope this is more to come from Gloweth!!!

As we are mentioning referees, can teams please make sure refs sporting forms are passed to them with stamped addressed envelopes. All been going well so far but just a little reminder as the bad weather has given a lot of teams a long break and me a bit of a rest from it. Have had a couple emailed to me already. Cornwall sunday cup forms not compulsory but all other league and cup please. Thankyou

Perhaps they just turn up every Sunday and play football cos they love it??! (strange as that may sound to you). At some point when you're out of nappies you might play for a losing side.. :o I guess you'd quit and go to a 'winning' side? Now thats the sorta character you need in your team! :wacko:

Good luck and keep goin Wendron, thats the proper Sunday league spirit.

As a player who plays for wendron it sounds about right for cheesey young bellends to come on here making comments like that hiding behind an alias. :angry::SM_carton:

Just a thank you to the vote of confidence from some people, your right we do love football and you dont see us whinging and crying when we lose, we take it on the chin and try again the following week. :clapper:

Its all about the taking part and enjoying it... :smiley20:

Guest Peppermint

I don't often agree with oldasitgets but completely agree with him and Mr Chariman - well done to Wendron - keep going and perhaps the idiot who posted might find himself in a losing team at some stage.

Good luck to Wendron for the rest of the season.