Cornwall Football Forum

fergies new fledgelings

after tonights result yet again fergie continues with the conveyor belt of youngsters.

people used to complain when he originally started to blood young players in the league cup but after the last week one game in europe and tonight against some team that cannot win at old trafford.

"spuds i think they are called" he is getting valuable experience for the younger squad members.hell even neville has played 3 games in one week.not bad for an old man. :clapper::clapper::clapper: :clapper:

All this guff about Fergie playing his kids on Tuesday is a joke!

For all you people who just get brainwashed by whatever The Sun back pages tell you, here are a couple of interesting little facts for you think about,

(Statistics compiled from BBC Sport website)

Average age of Starting XI

Spurs - 25.1

Gomes (28) - Hutton (25) - Bale (20) - Dawson (26) - Bassong (23) - Bentley (25) - Jenas (26) - Palacios (25) - Lennon (22) - Defoe (27) - Keane (29)

Man Utd - 25.2

Kuszczak (27) - Neville (34) - De Laet (21) - Vidic (28) - Brown (30) - Park (28) - Anderson (20) - Gibson (22) - Obertan (20) - Berbatov (28) - Welbeck (19)

Total International caps for Starting XI

Spurs - 236

Gomes (7) - Hutton (14) - Bale (23) - Dawson (0) - Bassong (0) - Bentley (7) - Jenas (21) - Palacios (16) - Lennon (15) - Defoe (38) - Keane (95)

Man Utd - 300

Kusczcak (5) - Neville (85) - De Laet (0) - Vidic (37) - Brown (22) - Park (68) - Anderson (6) - Gibson (8) - Obertan (0) - Berbatov (69) - Welbeck (0)

Hmmn, that tells me an interesting story!

On reflection, maybe Spurs' young, inexperienced side did well to keep the score down to 2! ;)

The thing that gets my goat is how almost everybody jumps on the bandwagon and starts to hail these so called "kids" as superb etc because they beat Spurs?.

So fu***ng what.

Question, Did they outplay Spurs?... Answer, Did they f**k :thumbsup:

Question, Did they boss the game throughout, restricting Spurs to sporadic spells of possession?... Answer, Did they f**k :thumbsup:

Question, Were they up against a team that went hell for leather for victory?... Answer, were they f**k :c:

Question, Am I in one hell of a shitty mood today and just fed up of people moaning and talking TOSH?...

Answer, f**k yeah :thumbsup: ..........

The LilyWhite future is exactly that, LilyWhite... WE have a GREAT squad (about to be strengthened by Sandro from Brazil).

We have GREAT brand new state of the art training facility being constructed http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/futureplan...tre/scheme.html

We have a GREAT stadium to be built http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/futureplan...the_stadium.jpg

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/futureplans/index.html

Lastly, but most importantly, in Daniel Levy we have a GREAT chairman. EVERY season he's trusted his manager (yes I know wrongly at times) and backed him with funds for players. He has ALWAYS spent on a par with the "big boys", he's got the training facility being built, and the new stadium just waiting for the thumbs up from the council (which is pretty much guaranteed because it's schemed as a community project), yet we still maintain the status of the most wealthy club in Europe that does not play Champions league football. Our debts are amongst the smallest of all top flight clubs throughout Europe, and as long as Danny boy doesn't decide to sell when planning permission is granted, there will not be many more clubs out there with a rosier future that Tottenham Hotspur...

COYS

FOYG

However, if you take Neville out of Uniteds side(yes please!) those would change....a lot! Very good point made though fella, I did chuckle about all the "youngsters" United were playing when I saw the back 5!

I know, he was the only reason I thought we'd by around the same ave. age, he certainly bumps it up a bit!

It really wasn't a dig at Man Utd, more to the fact that nowadays in football the media are so short-term.

Man Utd lose last week against Besiktas and the 'fringe' players should never play for United again, then a week later a similar side beat Spurs and the same players should be playing regular in the Premier League.

Just really poor, lazy journalism in my opinion, classic case of jumping on bandwagons!

Couldnt agree more Peck. Every year its the same though, deja vu. Last year all the talk early season was how great and strong Chelsea were, and they won.....? Last season plenty of talk of how great Arsenal were with there free flowing play and they won.....? Its the same every year so hopefully, from a Uniteds fan point of view, it all ends up the same way!! :drink:

Ha ha I see your in one of those moods still Coopsie!? If you won £5million on the lottery you would complain it wasnt 6! :P

You're REALLY starting to know me buddy :thumbsup: .. My reputation is based upon fact mate, I'm a right miserable, moaning ba***rd :thumbsup: .

Even the wife calls me a young Victor Meldrew :D

Even though you've got those stats and crap it still doesn't beat the fact you lost to a weakened utd team?? With just about your strongest spurs side you struggled to beat a weakened man utd side. You can't be that ignorant that you still think spurs were better? Even Harry thought Spurs were dog Shite? And you say they aren't youngsters. Well the back 4 maybe not but in that back 4 was two players in wes brown and gary neville who everyone has been saying are well past it???

Even though you've got those stats and crap it still doesn't beat the fact you lost to a weakened utd team?? With just about your strongest spurs side you struggled to beat a weakened man utd side. You can't be that ignorant that you still think spurs were better? Even Harry thought Spurs were dog Shite? And you say they aren't youngsters. Well the back 4 maybe not but in that back 4 was two players in wes brown and gary neville who everyone has been saying are well past it???

A full strength side..... hold on a second

Gomes YES

Hutton NO

Bassong NO

Dawson NO

Bale NO

Bentley NO

Jenas NO

Palasios YES

Lennon YES

Keane NO

Defoe YES

7 Players that wouldnt normall start!

And who said wes brown is way past it?

Cant really say Bassong and Dawson are'nt regulars, with the sicknote twins of Woodgate and King they will start more than their fair share this season Im sure. Not that it really matters what team Spurs played or how many young uns United played, both clubs just got on with it and played.....LAST WEEK!! Though at the minute I wish United had Dawson and Bassong, shocking injuries at United at t'minute

nice to see everyone being logical as usual about my topic.

this is supposed to be a soccer forum and maybe just sometimes people could look at the positives instead of the negatives.

yes there were experienced players on the pitch but there was also some good young players being given valuable experience.take gibson how many games has he played now 3 or 4 in a row and he is scoring goals as well. wellbeck up front again these games can help england as he comes through the younger age groups.

i am sure that all the other contenders for the title would love to have the luxury to give their youngsters meaningful game time at their club rather than loan them out.

why do you think that fergie has kept his job for so long.yes he has won things consistantly but he has also invested heavily in youth and believed in it and not been afraid to give the youth a chance. look at the current squad and think how many have come through the ranks and compare it to the rest of the so called top 6 :smiley20: