Cornwall Football Forum

Agents Fees

YoungPercy

I have just read on Sky Sports News that premier league clubs paid over 70 million to agents between October 2008 and September 2009.

What a joke!!!

This is taken from the sky sports website;

The Premier League has revealed clubs paid £70.6million to agents from October 2008 to September 2009.

It is the first time payments to agents involving Premier League clubs have been disclosed and covers the last two transfer windows.

Not surprisingly big-spenders Manchester City top the list having spent over £12million to agents after bringing in the likes of Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor, Joleon Lescott, Gareth Barry and Roque Santa Cruz in the summer.

Chelsea are the next biggest spenders forking out over £9.5million to agents.

Reigning champions Manchester United only spent just over £1.5million to agents in the same time period.

I am a Chelsea fan but i dont understand how they have paid so much out to agents when they have hardly signed anyone.

:SM_carton:

I have just read on Sky Sports News that premier league clubs paid over 70 million to agents between October 2008 and September 2009.

What a joke!!!

This is taken from the sky sports website;

The Premier League has revealed clubs paid £70.6million to agents from October 2008 to September 2009.

It is the first time payments to agents involving Premier League clubs have been disclosed and covers the last two transfer windows.

Not surprisingly big-spenders Manchester City top the list having spent over £12million to agents after bringing in the likes of Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor, Joleon Lescott, Gareth Barry and Roque Santa Cruz in the summer.

Chelsea are the next biggest spenders forking out over £9.5million to agents.

Reigning champions Manchester United only spent just over £1.5million to agents in the same time period.

I am a Chelsea fan but i dont understand how they have paid so much out to agents when they have hardly signed anyone.

:SM_carton:

this is taken off the arsenal website-break down on where the fees go-even when you dont sign anyone things like contract re-newals, loan contracts etc-the greedy buggars that poison players heads get way too much!!!

Explanatory Notes:

The amount disclosed is the aggregate of all payments made to agents during the reporting period for agency activity, including payments made by the Club on behalf of players.

The figure published is for the period 1 October 2008 to 30 September 2009 and inclusive of:

Fees paid to agents in respect of acquiring and/or renegotiating Player Registrations.

Fees paid to agents on behalf of players in respect of acquiring and/or renegotiating Player Registrations.

Fees paid to agents during the defined period relating to previous transaction costs (i.e. Player Registrations prior to 1 October 2008) that have been amortised over the length of a Player Contract.

Fees paid to agents to facilitate the outward transfer of Player Registrations.

Player Registrations include:

Domestic permanent transfers.

International permanent transfers.

Domestic temporary transfers (loans).

International temporary transfers (loans).

Extension of existing Player Contracts.

First professional registration.

Free transfers.

Guest Peppermint

Disgraceful - the agents are on a par with the inept and totally inefficient bankers of the country. Talk about greed - what do they do for football but unsettle players because they want them to keep moving clubs in order to line their own pockets.

The late great Brian Clough had the right idea - he would not deal with them. Unfortunately nowadays the ba***rds seem to be every where in all sports.

why do you thing man utd. pay a lot less is it because fergie has nothing to do with them :huh:

They only signed Valencia and Owen (free) didn't they?. I'm not too sure, but I think Michael Owen pretty much takes care of himself (he buys property, horses etc doesn't he?), so I can't imagine he'd cost much in agents fees :unsure: .

As for Valencia, well his agent is probably just some dodgy cab driver from back home in Ecuador who is happy to have a new donkey every 6 months and half a cow for every goal scored?? :thumbsup: