Cornwall Football Forum

Seagulls' boss Prisk steps down

Guest sazzle

Guest sazzle

MOUSEHOLE are looking for a new manager after James Prisk stood down from the job at a committee meeting on Monday night, writes Peter Heyman.

Prisk's resignation came two days after he guided the Seagulls to their first Carlsberg South West Peninsula League Division 1 West win of the season when they beat bottom club Wendron 4-0, with all four goals from Tom Patrick.

Prisk, who took over as first team boss at the beginning of this season after eight years in charge of the club's reserves, told me after the meeting that he had tendered his resignation with "a heavy heart".

He explained: "I have found the extra time involved in managing the first team has detracted from my other responsibilities looking after the pitch and the programme, as well as my commercial activities on behalf of the club.

"Looking after the first team's affairs demands a lot of my time and has meant that I haven't been able to give my full attention to these other important aspects of the club. In my view a decent pitch and revenue from the programme is vital to the club's well-being.

"So very reluctantly I have decided to stand down as first team manager so that I can concentrate on ensuring that Mousehole continues to have one of the best pitches in the league and a programme that provides vital income for the future."

For the second successive season the club's chairman and treasurer Mark Trevail will step into the breach as caretaker. He will take charge for this Saturday's trip to Vospers Oak Villa.

Meanwhile, applicants for the job as manager of the Seagulls should apply to club secretary Christine Tonkin by Monday, October 19. She can be contacted either by phone on 01736 731852 or by email to christine.a.tonkin@btinternet.com

MOUSEHOLE are looking for a new manager after James Prisk stood down from the job at a committee meeting on Monday night, writes Peter Heyman.

Prisk's resignation came two days after he guided the Seagulls to their first Carlsberg South West Peninsula League Division 1 West win of the season when they beat bottom club Wendron 4-0, with all four goals from Tom Patrick.

Prisk, who took over as first team boss at the beginning of this season after eight years in charge of the club's reserves, told me after the meeting that he had tendered his resignation with "a heavy heart".

He explained: "I have found the extra time involved in managing the first team has detracted from my other responsibilities looking after the pitch and the programme, as well as my commercial activities on behalf of the club.

"Looking after the first team's affairs demands a lot of my time and has meant that I haven't been able to give my full attention to these other important aspects of the club. In my view a decent pitch and revenue from the programme is vital to the club's well-being.

"So very reluctantly I have decided to stand down as first team manager so that I can concentrate on ensuring that Mousehole continues to have one of the best pitches in the league and a programme that provides vital income for the future."

For the second successive season the club's chairman and treasurer Mark Trevail will step into the breach as caretaker. He will take charge for this Saturday's trip to Vospers Oak Villa.

Meanwhile, applicants for the job as manager of the Seagulls should apply to club secretary Christine Tonkin by Monday, October 19. She can be contacted either by phone on 01736 731852 or by email to christine.a.tonkin@btinternet.com

is maurice holland still involved with the club

I would also like to add my thanks to Prisky for giving the job a go.

It was always going to be a tough proposition , considering the other work that he already did and continues to do at our great little club.

His continued work on fundraising and looking after the pitch (which is looking better than ever i might add) will help Mousehole to continue their progress in the right direction.

On the subject of the managers position , i can confirm that my old assistant Darren Woodard has agreed to return to the club to help Mark Trevail with 1st team affairs.

Good luck to everyone at Trungle Parc , this season and beyond!

Cheers

Jeff

James, just like to say that I know how tough the decision must have been. You are certainly a guy that bleeds green and white! Keep doing what you do and I hope that someone comes out of the woodwork to help out!

I would also like to add my thanks to Prisky for giving the job a go.

It was always going to be a tough proposition , considering the other work that he already did and continues to do at our great little club.

His continued work on fundraising and looking after the pitch (which is looking better than ever i might add) will help Mousehole to continue their progress in the right direction.

On the subject of the managers position , i can confirm that my old assistant Darren Woodard has agreed to return to the club to help Mark Trevail with 1st team affairs.

Good luck to everyone at Trungle Parc , this season and beyond!

Cheers

Jeff

Many thanks for your words, yes it was not an easy decision but one i had 2 do! As i have said to people lately, it will defo be easier 2 find a manager than 2 get someone 2 do the work behind the scenes & that looking like i was right!!! Good luck 2 all the teams at Mousehole & i am looking forward to my new old roles haha