Cornwall Football Forum

Referee Assessments

I'm just wandering what peoples Opinion is on how Referee’s are assessed for them to be moved up the ladder ?

I feel that the refs should be watched after the game has started and not be told they are being assessed so you actually get to see what the ref is like.

From my experience when playing if the ref is being assessed then they become very by the book and change the way they control the game (I know refs need to be assessed but surely if they don’t know then you get the real picture of how good they are).

Just interested what the refs that use this forum think ? May be an assessor is reading this topic and might reply.

I'm just wandering what peoples Opinion is on how Referee’s are assessed for them to be moved up the ladder ?

I feel that the refs should be watched after the game has started and not be told they are being assessed so you actually get to see what the ref is like.

From my experience when playing if the ref is being assessed then they become very by the book and change the way they control the game (I know refs need to be assessed but surely if they don’t know then you get the real picture of how good they are).

Just interested what the refs that use this forum think ? May be an assessor is reading this topic and might reply.

Totally agree, how many player's were booked on Saturday and we had one sent off and it wasn't even a dirty game.

Referee's are assessed on every single game they officiate, the only problem is it's the clubs that do the assessment. Most if not every team across the leagues will of had a game when they have been less than impressed with a Ref's performance but after ther the game when it's time to fill out the team-sheet and give the Ref his/her grading how many of them have put down a 6 instead of what they really feel all because they can't be bothered to write a report into why the grade is 5 or below. People need to get of the Ref's cases especially if they don't ever intend to do anything official about it!! Without them there would either be no league football or if the game is played without an official then there would be a lot of us collecting statutory sick pay and who can survive on that in the current climate.