Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup East section teams to look out for?????

I believe that we (Tywardreath RBL) could unsettle any of the big boys on are day! Think we have the strongest squad we've ever had now so I really believe we could surprise a few people!

My guess is that St Austell will be a major player in the competition too, would relish a derby match with them!!

Can't wait for the draw.......home tie for Tywardreath please!!

I would say any of the top teams from the premier, plus Premier 6's, St Austell and maybe Bodmin Saints, although I did hear the two younger brothers they had have moved up to East Cornwall level.

I wouldn't say Bodmin Saints stand a chance in this competition. Their not a bad side but they have lost the Ames brothers to Senior level football!

Tywardreath played them already in the league this season and we hammered them. It ended 6-3 but we conceded two ridiculous goals in the final few minutes to spoil what should have been a 6-1 win and to be honest we should have scored more goals!

With Torpoint and Gunnislake out of the cup I think its really open now!

You lads were by far, better organized on the day. For me that was the main difference. Saints were at that time going through a seriously difficult time behind the scenes. That difficult patch is now over. Derek Thompson has moved on to some new pasture. We have a new management team since last Saturday and I reckon we'll turn it right around. Not making any rash predictions re: Junior Cup. Would like to see who we draw for one thing. I do however believe we'll be competing far better than we have been so far this season. Think of it this way: Saturday before last we could only raise seven players for the match against Week St Mary. Last Saturday, after the announcement of the new management team against Southgate Seniors; we had three sub's.

You lads were by far, better organized on the day. For me that was the main difference. Saints were at that time going through a seriously difficult time behind the scenes. That difficult patch is now over. Derek Thompson has moved on to some new pasture. We have a new management team since last Saturday and I reckon we'll turn it right around. Not making any rash predictions re: Junior Cup. Would like to see who we draw for one thing. I do however believe we'll be competing far better than we have been so far this season. Think of it this way: Saturday before last we could only raise seven players for the match against Week St Mary. Last Saturday, after the announcement of the new management team against Southgate Seniors; we had three sub's.

Fair comment Pablo, we knew coming into the game how dominant you had been coming up through the leagues and we were aware that you'd lost some players but expected a tough match.

From my point of view it remains as one of our best displays so far this season but judging by what you've said it will be a much closer affair at the Dragon Centre! Glad you have managed to sort things out behind the scenes. Do us a favour and beat Probus at the weekend mate!

Look forward to the return league fixture.