Cornwall Football Forum

FALMOUTH LADIES

Top of the League Falmouth Town lost out to Torpoint in a high scoring game on Sunday 5-4. Torpoint went 1-0 up at half time and the equaliser came soon into the 2nd half courtesy of Town captain Julie Lawrence. It wasnt long before Katy (Kayote) Barker put the away side 2-1 ahead only for Torpoint to equalise straight after. Falmouth regained the lead with a goal from Sasha Sparkes and again Torpoint fought hard and were rewarded with an equaliser to make it 3-3 !

With mistakes in Falmouths defence, Torpoint capitalised and another two goals came their way in quick succession. 5 minutes from the end Katy Barker pulled one back to make it 5-4 and in the last minute a good save from Torpoints keeper prevented Sasha from levelling up.

Despite the defeat Falmouth remain in pole position on goal difference !

Next home game Sunday 18th October to Launceston 2pm kick

ADMISSION ADULTS UNDER16'S FREE

Guest Dick Dastardly

i have to say that the falmouth ladies looked hot playing against plymouth the other week. i watched them for the first time and my gosh didnt they perform to their best! from an outsiders point of view their midfileder is a good player( i think it was the captain) she has alot of energy and gets around alot. it shows how good the team is when i noticed the goalie sitting on her ass whilst the team was defendin( either that or high in confidence in sitting behind her defenders). i also like to add they spread it wide very welland then put it in quikly for the attakers to score. best game i seen at bickland for a while and having been a neutral i would love to see these girls play with each other alot more often!

Guest beckster hall

hi ****!!!!!

thanks for the nice comments i play for town and we are a good team!!!! yes the captain thats julie she is quality!!! like a duracell bunny!!!!

i was not there on sunday but belive was not our best performance but we have started the season really well just hope it continues!!!!

come on town

I only saw the second half (8 goals) and what a remarkable half it was. Torpoint dangerously played a very high back line against a very good Falmouth attack but it worked because they were quickly able to turn defence into attack. Falmouth had a number of quality players but what they didn't have was the 'never say die' spirit of Torpoint who in the end could have won by a couple more goals. In fairness some of the goals were a little bizarre to say the least. An excellent game played in a good spirit and a credit to the league.