Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Favourites (all divisions)

Guest Jim

Before the season started there was a thread which people posted their predictions for winners of Mining 1, 2 and 3. Now the season has started have peoples opinions changed, and who are your title favourites now?

The general opinion before was:

Mining 1 - Illogan (currently 3rd)

Mining 2 - Titans (currently 1st)

Mining 3 - Praze (currently 2nd)

I still think Illogan are the team to beat in Mining 1. Mining 2 will be interesting but i would like to see Titans win it, as i have a lot of time and respect for Martin and Marksy. Dont know enough about mining 3

Thanks Gaffer, the feeling is mutual, still sticking with Robartes or Illogan to win Mining 1 would luv to see my mate milly squeeze a few games in & win it with the boys at Robartes. As for us this season its all about being at the right end of the table but our first 4 have gone ok, maybe Madron will win Mining 2 & im going for Praze in 3 but again know little about it to be honest.

mining 3 - perranporth red hot favourites

I'm assuming all these people that seem to feel that Perranporth have the title sewn up before the seasons barely started have had a chance to get around in the last 3 weeks and see EVERY team play? :unsure: . I would then assume that when they observed EVERY team play, they were fortunate enough to see them playing at their best? :unsure: .

I'm NOT looking to dismiss anybody's opinion on this topic (No matter how silly I think it is), I just think that it's somewhat disrespectful to all the other teams to write them off without actually seeing them play or know what personnel they may have in their squad.

ALOT can change through the duration of a season, players can come and go, that special player that bangs in all the goals for your team could break his leg, clubs higher up the footballing ladder may be interested in the better players etc etc.

The scenarios I've raised can, and probably will happen to all teams at every standard.

How on earth anyone has been able to deduce a "red hot favourite" after THREE games is beyond me. :wacko:

Out of respect for every team my club and I have played, and are yet to play against, I'll keep it buttoned on this one and hopefully remember the topic nearer the end of the season. Then I'll look back with great interest to see how all you "Mystic Meg's" got on with your somewhat premature predictions. :c:

Mining 3 - Praze (currently 2nd)

You're not tipping your own team to win the league then Jim?

Thats not my view, it was the general view of the people who posted on the favourites thread before the season started.

please can someone tip gulval for mining 3 to cheer coopsie up lol

Believe me, I most certainly do not consider us as favourites, or anything like it. Then again, as I've pointed out, I don't consider anyone favourites at this particular moment in time.

I'll wait til February/March time before deciding who's favourites to win any league.

mining 3 gulval

top scorer coopsie with his wind assisted crosses. :P

I've never liked you Mr Eddy ;):P :c:

I would love Perranporth to win Mining 3, they have started well, but of course there is a long way to go and I'm sure there will be some tough games throughout the season.

That's more like it :clapper: .. It's statements like "mining 3 - perranporth red hot favourites" that made no sense to me. Hence my original post. Show me the evidence and the odds that back this up and then I'll put a big fat APOLOGY on here for my obvious and gross over-reaction. :c:

In division 3 have played both Perrenporth and Praze and out of the both teams Praze seem the most solid and best all round team. They all linked up well and really work as a unit very hard to break down. With Perrenporth they have some really good players specially up front which will get alot of goals this season but they don't work as well as a unit as Praze. They seem to argue amonst there self's quite alot and are easier to break down, We were able to play good football agaist Perrenporth but with Praze they stopped us from playing any good football at all. Must admit the team we played Praze with was a last min get together team cos of injuries and it was a evening game so half the team was missing cos of work but still can't take tht away from Praze they were still a seriously strong team.

So my predictions is that Praze are my favourits for the division 3 title but theres a long way to go anything can still happen, Injuries, Players moving, So theres still time for other teams to become favourite.

In division 3 have played both Perrenporth and Praze and out of the both teams Praze seem the most solid and best all round team. They all linked up well and really work as a unit very hard to break down. With Perrenporth they have some really good players specially up front which will get alot of goals this season but they don't work as well as a unit as Praze. They seem to argue amonst there self's quite alot and are easier to break down, We were able to play good football agaist Perrenporth but with Praze they stopped us from playing any good football at all. Must admit the team we played Praze with was a last min get together team cos of injuries and it was a evening game so half the team was missing cos of work but still can't take tht away from Praze they were still a seriously strong team.

So my predictions is that Praze are my favourits for the division 3 title but theres a long way to go anything can still happen, Injuries, Players moving, So theres still time for other teams to become favourite.

Haven't played against Perranporth yet but will echo every word you said about Praze. I said pretty much the exact same thing about them in the results section after our game on Saturday. Great unit and good bunch of lads who clearly like to work for eachother. Should stand them in good stead for the season ahead. :c:

What team are you Harty?

Im with the team you thrashed 8-1 last wk. (Wendron) Thats if you play for Perrenporth which i think you do. I know our defence was a shamble against you but the football we played was proberly the best we've played so far lol. We've had problems with players missing and injuries but now a few are back and were getting back on track still got couple missing from defence which will hopefully be back soon and help our defence stop letting in easy goals. Will be tight between you and Praze be a great game to watch

Im with the team you thrashed 8-1 last wk. (Wendron) Thats if you play for Perrenporth which i think you do. I know our defence was a shamble against you but the football we played was proberly the best we've played so far lol. We've had problems with players missing and injuries but now a few are back and were getting back on track still got couple missing from defence which will hopefully be back soon and help our defence stop letting in easy goals. Will be tight between you and Praze be a great game to watch

I thought you passed the ball about well at times in the second half, with some good football going forward, and if you sort your defence out you should move away from the bottom of the table.

We had a few missing also, including our pre match top scorer (who was hacked out by the Madron Keeper the week before - he's got a big stud mark up his shin (it went through the shin pad) - he's lucky his foot wasn't planted as the challenge could have broken his leg :SM_carton: )

Of the four games I've played this season (I missed the first) Wendron are actually one of the better teams going forward. Fair play to you for not giving up - most teams we've played dropped their heads after we had scored a few. Problem is, when that happens our players tend to lose motavation a bit, and what follows is "Park Football" (constant 40 yard passes and attempts at Ronaldoesq tricks!). I think a bit of that contributed to your goal, although I should also take my share of the blame for that one (I misjudged the pace of the man who got to the ball first and took it round me!).

Hope you get your defence sorted soon, as potentially you could do alot better than your current position in the table.

All the best for the rest of the season.

I thought you passed the ball about well at times in the second half, with some good football going forward, and if you sort your defence out you should move away from the bottom of the table.

We had a few missing also, including our pre match top scorer (who was hacked out by the Madron Keeper the week before - he's got a big stud mark up his shin (it went through the shin pad) - he's lucky his foot wasn't planted as the challenge could have broken his leg :SM_carton: )

Of the four games I've played this season (I missed the first) Wendron are actually one of the better teams going forward. Fair play to you for not giving up - most teams we've played dropped their heads after we had scored a few. Problem is, when that happens our players tend to lose motavation a bit, and what follows is "Park Football" (constant 40 yard passes and attempts at Ronaldoesq tricks!). I think a bit of that contributed to your goal, although I should also take my share of the blame for that one (I misjudged the pace of the man who got to the ball first and took it round me!).

Hope you get your defence sorted soon, as potentially you could do alot better than your current position in the table.

All the best for the rest of the season.

One of the main reasons of us for the 1st time able to go forward really well is down to the return of the Mac you proberly remember him the ridicuousliy skillfull player which is'nt affraid to open his mouth lol He's going to make alot of people look stupid this season never seen skillfull feet like it.

We'll sort out our defence and will move off the bottom of the table.

You were missing your top scorer, Thats just scary for the rest of the teams that have to play you because your strikers you got at the mo are very tricky and good.

Bet of luck for the rest of the season :c:

I play for madron and think we have shown in the games we have played that we have the credentials of winning mining 2. With only 4 games played its still anyones league there are sides with players to ome back from injuries and others maybe havent quite gelled yet. This league is going to be no walk in the park for anybody this year. There are a lot of good sides about in Mining 2 this year. No one has mentioned West Cornwall yet and to be fair to them they have a very strong side playing some quality football! heard a lot about titans this year and am looking forward to playing them. will definately be game to watch! glad im playing in it though! haha... watched illogan from mining 1 in a preseason friendly this year and if they can keep that side they will definately be there or there abouts in that league this year. as for mining 3 i havent heard anything about it this year so good luck to all down there.

• 1 month later...

nobody knows what school of mines are like this season.having beaten west cornwall 1-0 on saturday they must be a good team.there are 4 or 5 teams in with a shout in mining2 this season should make for an interesting time.though on current form the bookies favorite must be madron.good luck to all 15 teams in mining2 :c:

That's a good point Martin!

I kept an eye on their results as they started late, and so far they have all been quite impressive. That would make Mining 2 a very strong league this season with teams like yourselves, Illogan, Madron and a few others as well. I think the saving grace for one club this season will be that Illogan will not be promoted, as there are a couple of teams that deserve a crack at Mining 1 who may not finish in a promotion place.

I think mining two is a very tight league this year and have really enjoyed playin it so far. there do seem to be a dominant three in our division and im sure one of them will end victorious. A bit like the premier league i think the destination of the league title will be decided on "the top threes" games against each other and by how many goals they can tally against the ret of the league. We have seen a couple of these games recently with illogan coming out on top in both of them. U still have four more games left between them and a group of teams just below them fully capable of causing upsets and hopefully we can lol! cant wait to play my old pal nick webber whatever the result!! all in all a very competitive league indeed!!!

Mining 3 mmmmmmm.........

No body has mentioned Carbis Bay?? Did not see our Praze game ( wedding to attend ), but from what i hear our lads rate them, Carbis bay were ok, we did not turn up at their place! We was the best side in the perranporth game, just didnt take our chances.

So i reckon.......... 1st praze, 2nd, carbis bay 3rd ???????? :c: :P

Guest red_rocket

CSM will be contenders for mining 2 after playing them last week. nice footballing team with a superb keeper! if they carry on they will be in mining 1 next year, i have no doubt!!