Cornwall Football Forum

saltash v tavistock

a very poor performance by saltash especially defensive, it cost them 3 points against (no disrespect) a very average tavy side, but were obviously good enough to beat us on the day. saltash should of been 3 nil up inside 10 minutes but great goalkeeping kept it all square, but i must sound like a broken record as this keeps happening, to our expense as tavy went 1nil up from a very poorly defended corner. immediatly after saltash equalized through a arun west 30 yard strike, soon after tavy re took the lead again through slack marking at the back from a simple throwing 2-1. yes youve guessed it bang 2-2 quick free kick by maddock gave a simple tap in for west. just before the break tavy took the lead again not sure how folks because by this time my head was in my ass...3-2 half time. 4-2 tavy 10 minutes into the 2nd half when our keeper an centre half failed to deal with a through ball an a simple tap in was needed. saltash then got back into the game again when west found maddock on the edge of the box 4-3. saltash then had several good chances to get a result from the game, did they deserve it, no not based on our previous performances, but probably done more than enough to get something from it. well done to tavy to take advantage... for saltash time to get our feet back on the floor stop conceding an b

buck up. :(

hatch sinclair butler withey o rourke west hoskings philp wellington maddock wilkinson

subs used sargant jones tomms saltash 3 tavy 4

sorry, but think your way off the mark. good start for saltash, yep, but tavistock continuously got the better of a poor saltash back line. the 1st 25 mins of the 2nd half was all tavy, where saltash failed to get near the danger 3rd of the pitch. saltash pushed more in the last 10, but the damage was already done. tavy had by far the better chances, and saltash didnt really create anything.

all in all, a good game for the neutral, but if tavy are an average side, then what of saltash?

thought the defences were the difference in the teams.

at £2.50 entry, 7 goals, lots of hard workers, well worth the money.

thought the pitch was fantastic as well, well done the groundsman.

Guest uptheashes

Tavi were busy and caused Saltash problems but the absence of their regular keeper has effected them over the last 2 games. I'm sure Saltash will continue on their positive start on his return.

Tavi were busy and caused Saltash problems but the absence of their regular keeper has effected them over the last 2 games. I'm sure Saltash will continue on their positive start on his return.

Wouldnt really agree with that comment, although their regular keep is without doubt a good keeper, the goals saltash have concieded the past two games can not be blamed on the other keepers (bar one or two.)

I agree with the comment that the two defences were the difference, the centre halves of Saltash struggled.

After a promising performance against Torpoint, it was a step backwards, feel this could be the tale of the season, one step forward two steps back.