Cornwall Football Forum

Wendron Vs Truro

Just 15, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody scores 20 past Wendron this year. Good left back in Guy Mills, what he's doing there I don't know, apart from that I don't see enough quality to even score this season.

Bit harsh considering we have just lost a whole 1st team of players, it was only our 2nd competitive game together after no pre season. The team (as you saw) is mostly made up of 17-18 year olds who were playing FHFL last season. So it will take time but we are learning and i won't be suprised in the next couple of games if we start becoming more competitive allthough on the basis of last nights performance i can see why you've said what you have. Must have been boring not having a shot to save :clapper:, And what was with the goal celebration for the 1st goal!!?

Celebration was aimed at Ryan Tresidder who we have found out some of his "bedroom" tactics so we all put a message on t-shirts under our shirts.

I mean who would get a girl to call you "The Beast" and "Bad" throughout??

You should be able to gel properly, our side was the same as yours last year and still similar now in the fact our oldest player was 24, then 3 21 year olds, 1 20 and the rest younger. I believe it's the best policy as at a young age things can only improve.

I was fairly bored but I wouldn't complain if I had games like that all season, less pressure!!

It was a bit harsh ok, but I was just being honest with what I saw last night. Good luck for the season however and just make sure you don't get that winning spirit for the return fixture.

Truro City Res.

Jason Peters; Sam Gerken (Jack Greenwood 80), Terry Rowe (Matty Roberts 70), Andy Van Evelingen, Ben Williams; Joe McQuade, Lewis Ellis, Josh Sims; Tom Ball, Christian Lett (Richy Rundle 65), Matt McIlroy;

Goals:

Williams

McIlroy 2

Ball

Rundle 2

Lett

H/T 0-4

to be fair, truro only scored one goal. it just happened to be the same goal 7 times. at least we know what we have to work on.

the only way is up. im sure after a couple games we will start to gel and could do better than predicted this season.

theres no reason why we cant do a burnley and pull off a couple suprise results.

People.... i think its about time we leave Wendron alone, Yes they are poor but they are not that bad....lets give them more games to turn it around, Truro and Plymstock are two good sides, lets see how they get on against teams like Mousehole, Millbrook etc......

People.... i think its about time we leave Wendron alone, Yes they are poor but they are not that bad....lets give them more games to turn it around, Truro and Plymstock are two good sides, lets see how they get on against teams like Mousehole, Millbrook etc......

Not a dig at Millbrook and Mousehole there is it, implying they're poor whereas plymstock and turo are better?!

Turo draw 0-0 with dobwalls, yet millbrook won 3-0.

As the saying goes beckham "its a marathon not a sprint" - so good luck to ... most teams in the west league :drink: