Cornwall Football Forum

mining 1,2,3

Guest mikey catterall

Guest mikey catterall

i think all the mining leauges will be competative this season there is alot of posts on this forum from the falmouth/helston leauges teams recently whats your views on how your club will do in your respective mining leauge?

mining 1

illogan will be the team to beat but there are alot of good teams in mining 1 consistancy is the key for alot of clubs there were 4teams promoted from mining 2 last season how do u think they will fair in the leauge also teams that found it hard last season whats ur targets

mining 2

alot of good teams in mining 2 this season titans found it hard last season but i reckon they will mount a serious challenge for promotion also storm res and west cornwall are getting good reviews

mining 3

praze are back a club that uset to be one of the best in junior football so i expect them to do well

please express ur views on your club goodluck to all teams only a couple of weeks to go :thumbsup:

we at titans are looking forward to a better season than last year,lets face it it could not have been much worse.we have so far had a good pre-season but is this a good indicator or not. hard friendly next teusday against illogan 2nds, then we will find out how good a side we are. shame we will miss our first game as portreath have pulled out that would have been a cracking game to start the season.good luck to all teams and this time of the year talk is cheap :clapper: :drink:

Storm Reserves are only recently promoted and have a lot of new faces this season. Realistically a mid-table place would be a success, anything more will be a bonus.

West Cornwall will enter the league targeting promotion at least, as this was their aim when they founded the club, and Titans are being talked about because they have acquired some ex-combo players over the summer.

Illogan 3rds will also have a very big say in what goes on, as well as Madron in my opinion. Mr Mooney being involved suggests this!

One thing that I know from experience is that where there is a team with new faces, is doesn't always work straight away... and sometimes not at all... so as Postman pat says "talk is cheap" at this time of year!

None the less... my favourites for Div2 are West Cornwall.

Keep an eye on St Buryan in Div1, and I don't know much about div3 so wouldn't like to comment.