Cornwall Football Forum

falmouth ath looking for second team manager

is it true that Falmouth Athletic first team hardly have any players left? They asked the second team players to step up but this was declined by the team as they only want to play for seconds. I assume the second team have made a stand?

john this is not quite true the 1st team have got players we asked the second team for a couple players to help out the first team because we got a couple players missing through injury .this is not asking the 2nd team for much .every year we get this merry go round of players at all clubs

players that dont want to help out there club which either team it might be in my opinion no good for the club

if i asked for 6or 7 players from the seconds a day before they kick off there season then they have a good reason to get upset

but all the club was trying to do was to get 2 teams out for a friendly

which we did yesterday so if we got no players how did we get 2 teams out with 2 subs

and also i been at ath for 4 years i know not many teams will be setteled until a few weeks into the season

so has always on this site people love rumours without knowing all the facts maybe we should concentrate on our own clubs and not get involved in others :drink:

if this is true how did i take the club to 7 finals in 4 years also there are players that will and wont play for alot of managers i not getting into a slagging match with you about this all you small minded people are just trying to stir things up

i am sure some people will say i am a bad manager and a few say i am a good manager you are intitled to your opinion :drink:

speaking to a player yestday was told truth is the 2nd team wanna play with their mates and enjoy footy and they got a gud squad. 1st team have lost loads and not replaced em. 2nd team dont mind helping 1st team but aint there just to giv em players. so they av all left. mark got a load of players 1st team didnt. why sit on bench for 1st team every week and not play any footy? at the mo there aint a 1st team as they aint got any players so they r teasy and blaming 2nds. thats wot i heard.

peg leg the last time mark jeffery was 1st team manager they came 4th from bottom of the fal/hels league

i took over won trophys and came 2nd 3rd and 4th 6th from top and got to 7 finals in total

if thats make me a bad manager i will hold my hands up to being a bad manager.

one problem with being successful all other clubs come in for your players its hard to keep hold of players at a junior club like ath when seniors teams come in for them.

any players leaving the club i like to think most left with my support .

so according to you peg leg and right guard its best for me to step down as manager and let mark take over the 1st team .thats fine by me lets see what happens best of luck to mark :drink:

damio. as I have retired as i said i would at the end of last season my job is only as secretary, i can tell you that most on here talk aload of complete rubbish! On tuesday night at training both managers were going to tell their respective teams to meet at 1pm the second team managers told their team to go straight to Constantine to deny Roy of selecting any of their players. Anyone with an ounce of sense will know that reserves are reserves to the first team. That is why our second teams are known as Falmouth Athletic reserves. As a club we will stand by, that anyone signed for the club will play for the team they are chosen for, the manager chooses this NOT the player. Mawnan are successful because their teams work as a unit. In this era many players throw their toys out of their prams when they are put on the bench for a game, where as before players would play harder to try and get their place back. Having read some of the replies to this topic I can see that many are only on here to stir, and the others are hiding behind their forum names when they are from our so called reserves. Can anyone name me a club that doesnt put their first team 1st, do you really want to have this in your club? would you sit back or would you stop the rot? I told you so might be coming your way!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive played under roy for a few years and he is a top manager and top bloke and this critiscism is uncalled for

you cant have good players that are in a 2nd team ..naturally the 1st team will want them

so if they all want to play together they should find a club that havnt got 2nd and 3rd teams,or play for a 1st team

its easy to criticise and be cheeky when you dont reveal yourself,also its a bit cowardly.

a club needs to be united not two seperate camps,it never would work.

dont worry il take the knifes out your back roy ;)

Guest Gears of War

if me and jake didnt get the offer from stithians we would be playing for roy this season, the guy is a top bloke!!!!! so i know for a fact anyone slaging him of is more than likely a wnker :SM_carton: :SM_carton:

Guest mariner

I also really enjoyed playing for Ath and Roy and learnt alot about football listening to his advice! If what is happening with Roy at the mo, i am sure he will come out the tunnel at the other end with a competitive side! C u soon Roy :c:

Guest geachy1

i think right guard and peg leg are the same people .

1 person with who dislikes roy and has made 2 user names to make it look like he aint the only person

with the problem.

Guest SCAREYTERRY

As a fellow manager (and i would like to think a friend) i feel Roy has been hard done by.

The bloke along with Kev have kept that club running for 5 years and being sucseesfull at the same time .

Its very fustrateing when players dont want to HELP out the 1st team.My god it was a friendly i think its a shame and being a player from the old school a disgrace. Good luck roy see you in a months time for what i know will be a real battle. :c:

Guest geachy1

i only say that cos the two user names have made less 8 post between them and some of there posts on this topic are only a few minutes apart.

Has anyone ever taken the oppurtunity to read on here, where all the slating takes place? Go to the SWPL no slating move to SWPLwest/east no slating Visit the combo league and a few gripes appear get to junior and non stop slating on every topic is it any wonder that talking to lots of clubs the pressure is on for the forth coming season! And good managers are hard to come by most moving on after a season or two people need to start talking sense!

Guest Gears of War

Has anyone ever taken the oppurtunity to read on here, where all the slating takes place? Go to the SWPL no slating move to SWPLwest/east no slating Visit the combo league and a few gripes appear get to junior and non stop slating on every topic is it any wonder that talking to lots of clubs the pressure is on for the forth coming season! And good managers are hard to come by most moving on after a season or two people need to start talking sense!

exactly kev, most people on here simply have fck all in there lives, so 2 make themselfs feel better they slate people over mickey mouse football wtf :blink:

I know bushy, kirk, joe perrin have left but where have the rest of last years team gone??

will the 2nd team fold if jeffers takes the first team coz wont the majority step up with him??

i heard David Bush is bookies favourite to land the 1st team job after the success he achieved at penryn.

i do believe roys record speaks for its self compared to most. any manager that as to try to get 16 players into 11 every week is always onto a loser , its about time more players stepped forward to manage rather than just turn up and play and whine about the state of their clubs .

I played under Roy last season and hes not a bad manager, so i dnt realy know where all this shit stirring is coming from realy.

Havin read all the posts on this topic and i have to say that i agree that right guard and peg leg are the same person which play for the seconds.

Im sure Roy will have a very competitive side this season (which will shock a few people)

All the best to Roy and the boys down at Athletic for the coming season

FIFI D

:c: