Cornwall Football Forum

Illogan Vs St Blazy

Guest cornishgreen

illogan 2 st blazey 2

a very entertaining game fought between two very strong outfits. an even first half with both sides creating chances. ten minutes after the re-start st blazey took the lead through adie rundle, after good work from paul cocks and danny smith, but immediately illogan equalised from the restart as centre backs kev digby and dean webb failed to deal with the late run of the tall number twelve who was a constant pain when moving up top!!( anybody know who he was.....very tidy player). Blazey then scored their second of the game from a corner, Matt May arriving late at the back post to tap home! it was again the tall number twelve who caused damage, to smash home the illogan equaliser from just inside of the box. Joel Cockins scored a late goal that was disallowed for st blazey, after a an inch perfect throughball by either steele or cole in the middle of the park. overall a fair result in the end. blazey had an outfield player in goal and were missing one or two others, but hopefully this team can go on to challenge this season, dont think we will play a side as strong as this all season, as it was evident that illogan finished third last season, a very tidy outfit. overall a fair result, and we at st blazey wish illogan all the best for the rest of the season!!

Guest cornishgreen

Paul Cox, yeah, hesa good player, as you probably saw yesterday he likes to be everywhere and we tend to give him a free role, although at times he will be playing centre back when we need him up the pitch. hopefully he will adapt to this role and spend more time up supporting our front lad. first half i thought he was hiding, but he created alot of chances for us second half yesterday. that abbott smith is an excellent player....has he played at a higher level? whats his history? how old is he?

Guest cornishgreen

yeah we could see that you boys knew how to play, very physical side, all big lads too. dont think it helped us arriving at quarter to three for a three o'clock kick off, we kept circling illogan, and still couldnt find the pitch!!! thought your target man phill willey looked dangerous in the air from set pieces, althougfh i thought our centre backs were magic yesterday apart from your first goal. with the right coaching, that abbott smith could easily play peninsula football. if he doesnt get a chance in your squad this year, send me his number and id love for a player like him to be in my side!!