Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash United ECPL - Good or Bad?

i think it will be very hard for the manager now to do what last year side have done, with a brand new side, hopefully the first team will guide them in good sted in that league, big step for alot of them i have heard, looking forward to playing them in the friendly on the 5th August up are ground.

This team is St Dominick from last year and a few new signings, does anybody know who these new signings are and whether they would improve the team?

St Dominick beat Torpoints team in the Quarter final of the cup last season so they cann't be that bad and with new players, then Saltash should be alright.

Seeing as they have a strong 1st team I suppose it doesn't really matter how the reserves get on. There doesn't seem to be much thought about infrastructure in terms of developing players.

Developing of players at Saltash is non existent..... it is almost run as two seperate teams untill the first team want a player or two to get match practice.

Poor defence and poor attack will undermind everything that they will try and do and i can see them being in the bottom three

Well it can safely be said that they won't be doing a Torpoint and outshining the 1st team. They must get fed up with their reserves getting all the plaudits.

Back to the subject I do think that a bottom 3 three prediction is a bit harsh.

I think that the bottom half of the premier is not as good as the top half of divison 1 so I think that they will survive and to be honest they have got a few good players and the fact they have been together for a while helps.

Also it depends on which St Stephens Borough players they have got.

nobody at saltash fc is expecting the the 2nd team 2 do as good as last year.

u can b sure that the reserves will have a few ups and downs this season and around mid table would be the logical prediction.

its all local lads in the squad and thats got to be good for the club.

lets give them support and we can all make a better decision by xmas

see you at Kimberley ....... the home of football

:c: :thumbsup:

nobody at saltash fc is expecting the the 2nd team 2 do as good as last year.

u can b sure that the reserves will have a few ups and downs this season and around mid table would be the logical prediction.

its all local lads in the squad and thats got to be good for the club.

lets give them support and we can all make a better decision by xmas

see you at Kimberley ....... the home of football

:c::thumbsup:

It is great for the club, i just hope that if they do not perform and find themselves in trouble the club does decide to get rid of the manager that they at least try and bring in a manager who wil maybe get rid of a few of there players who cannot cut it but keep the nucleus of the side local........but we all know the committee at saltash is a strange one!!