Cornwall Football Forum

Edgecombes New Pitch

Can any of the edgecombe boys who post on here tell me where your new ground is for next season ??? heard its in torpoint , is this right ??? if so ill be able to walk up and watch a few games next season.

Guest Postie Pidge

Is Horson Field the pitch(es) in the town itself that you can pass enroute to the Mill Field and wasn't this where Torpoint played prior to their 1971(?) move to where they are now

There have been some strange remarks posted about the Edgcumbe pitch. Firstly if they use the full measurements then it is going to be huge. It is a flat surface but with a very slight slope from end to end or if they want to go across the field then it will have a very small slope from side to side. The grass is superb. I have never yet seen a field that does not have daisies growing on it during the off season, but once the cricketers have gone then it should be an excellent surface.

The ground itself is on the right before you enter Torpoint and before you reach the Oil tanks on the left and the rugby ground on the right which used to be where Torpoint played. I understand it was where Torpoint played when they had a major problem with their playing surface so it cant be that bad.

the surface is looking absolutley stunning at the moment, it does hold a bit of water though in the winter so we'll have to look after it. think the pitch will suit us fine, we can make it nice and big and with its flatness we'll be able to play some proper football which the bobbly pitch last season stopped us doing at times.

cant be that bad as all 3 millbrook teams were training up there last night and i think they'll agree its looking good!!

Well water boy if you've actually seen the field, its pretty damn big, so the only team who are training close to where the pitch is us, fool!!!!

And correct me if im wrong, but when its 25 degrees and the sun is shining we're gonna struggle to cut the pitch up i think...

the surface is looking absolutley stunning at the moment, it does hold a bit of water though in the winter so we'll have to look after it. think the pitch will suit us fine, we can make it nice and big and with its flatness we'll be able to play some proper football which the bobbly pitch last season stopped us doing at times.

cant be that bad as all 3 millbrook teams were training up there last night and i think they'll agree its looking good!!

What were they looking like ??? What was there training like , just a match i bet !!!!!!!