Cornwall Football Forum

Results Sunday 16th Jan

Camborne Park 2 Penzance Astro Park 1

Great play today by my lads! Really proud of the effort that each and every one of them put it!

Penzance a good side, But I think even they would say Park are deserved winners. We created more chances and should have scored at least 4. Alot of slipping and sliding around on a pitch which didnt take long to turn into a mud bath!

Reffed well, a lil hasty with some decisions but that's gonna happen in such poor conditions.

Good to see a few of the PZ lads stay for a beer aswell, even having a player win our club scratchcard!

All the best to Penzance for the remainder of the season

MPAD UTD 2 v Culdrose 4

A dryish night and a great effort by the Tony the groundsman at Dracaena meant the game could go ahead. Although the rain started to pour down just before kick off.

The pitch was pretty muddy by the end and at one point the ref did think about abandoning the game as puddles were forming in the corners.

It was another disappointing defeat for us. Similar to last week's game against West Cornwall where we created a lot of chances but failed to take them. Combined with a poor 15/20 spell in the first half by us saw Culdrose overrun our midfield and defence and go 3 - 0 up.

A couple of tweaks to the line up at half-time saw us come out and begin to dominate, but again fail to take our numerous chances.

Eventually we pulled a goal back following a long throw in from Ian Carter was flicked on by Ashley Farrow towards goal, where the ball slipped through the keeper's hands and roll into the net: 1 - 3.

Again chances were wasted, but we won a penalty when sub Ryan Webb was bundled over in the box. Up stepped Brett Southeard to calmly slot home: 2 - 3.

Culdrose then grabbed their 4th with a few minutes left. Their initial attack was flagged offside but having won the ball the ref played advantage for us. We failed to take it and the subsequently scored!

Even though their 4th came late on we still had chances, but missed them!

Despite the lose the game was played in good spirit and very well reffed.

MPAD UTD 2 v Culdrose 4

A dryish night and a great effort by the Tony the groundsman at Dracaena meant the game could go ahead. Although the rain started to pour down just before kick off.

The pitch was pretty muddy by the end and at one point the ref did think about abandoning the game as puddles were forming in the corners.

It was another disappointing defeat for us. Similar to last week's game against West Cornwall where we created a lot of chances but failed to take them. Combined with a poor 15/20 spell in the first half by us saw Culdrose overrun our midfield and defence and go 3 - 0 up.

A couple of tweaks to the line up at half-time saw us come out and begin to dominate, but again fail to take our numerous chances.

Eventually we pulled a goal back following a long throw in from Ian Carter was flicked on by Ashley Farrow towards goal, where the ball slipped through the keeper's hands and roll into the net: 1 - 3.

Again chances were wasted, but we won a penalty when sub Ryan Webb was bundled over in the box. Up stepped Brett Southeard to calmly slot home: 2 - 3.

Culdrose then grabbed their 4th with a few minutes left. Their initial attack was flagged offside but having won the ball the ref played advantage for us. We failed to take it and the subsequently scored!

Even though their 4th came late on we still had chances, but missed them!

Despite the lose the game was played in good spirit and very well reffed.

Quite an enjoyable game. Was good to play on a muddy pitch for a change. Games called off far too easily these days. Im going to be sore tomorow after an hour playing in midfield but enjoyed the battle. We obviously lost the game in the first half with a very poor display. second half we fought harder ( I know i have a few bruises) and got back into the game. We had the better of the 2nd half but in truth game couldve ended with any scoreline. Probably a draw wouldve been fair but credit to Culdrose/Star who were too good for us in the first 30 mins or so.

Game played in fairly good spirits with some hard tackling and well reffed by Trevor in tough conditions.

Booters 1 - 5 Tremough

Good game all round played on a difficult pitch, especially during the torrential rain and hailstone in the second half, managed to get the game to the 90th minute though. Good performance from both teams and the ref.

Booters took the lead in the first half and went into half time with the lead, but my boys came out fighting in the second half and managed to turn the game on its head. Both teams did well to battle on through the rain.

Hopefully we can start making up ground and getting more of our fixtures played now, weather permitting!

Good luck to Booters for the rest of the season

M?PAD 2 STAR 4

Have to agree with retired for now but the main difference between the two sides was that Star finished the chances they had and M/Pad didnt. Pity i've now got to miss at least 6 weeks now with a torn hamstring

Forgot about the hamstring injury. Sorry to hear that. Ive had awful problems with mine in the past. Hopefully you have a quick recovery and be back playing soon

Camborne Park 2 Penzance Astro Park 1

Great play today by my lads! Really proud of the effort that each and every one of them put it!

Penzance a good side, But I think even they would say Park are deserved winners. We created more chances and should have scored at least 4. Alot of slipping and sliding around on a pitch which didnt take long to turn into a mud bath!

Reffed well, a lil hasty with some decisions but that's gonna happen in such poor conditions.

Good to see a few of the PZ lads stay for a beer aswell, even having a player win our club scratchcard!

All the best to Penzance for the remainder of the season

Cheers for that mate. Yeah, you probably deserved the win as your boys just wanted it a bit more than us (especially the 3 or 4 of ours who couldn't be arsed to show :SM_carton: ). The pitch wasn't really conducive to our usual passing game but both teams tried to play it around a bit which was good to see. You certainly had some chances but didn't hit the target that often; I think your keeper made more saves than ours. And we scored more goals than you ;):P . Disappointed to lose after 10 games unbeaten and it's a shame we've not got a game for 3 weeks now. Hopefully the pitches will be a bit better when we next play.

Thanks to Park for the food and that after, and providing us with a lino. A good bunch of lads there. Cheers to the ref, John Tweedie who had a decent game. I'll be off to put the kit in for a 3rd wash! :o

Astro scorer and MOTM - Josh Findlay