Cornwall Football Forum

Plymstock Appoint manager

Guest MR A

David Hollow .. Centre Back

Andrew Frost .. Left Back/Centre Midfield

Lee Dare .. Attacking Midfielder

3 talented players who are more than capable of doing well at this level. It annoys me when people look at age before ability, surely everyone has got to start somewhere and if there good enough they are old enough if you ask me. (how do you like that mr A) .. look at the likes of joe carey he was playing for blazey at 19!!

Guest chanz

If you don't know the facts about the money issue at Callington then i don't think its fair to comment and pass judgement onto ppl. :SM_carton_y:

I was involved with the academy as a player about 6-8 yrs ago, and we had a squad that included the likes of Paul Madden, Joe Smith, Dan Gill, Liam Quinn, Ash Pook, Kev Kendall, Phil Burgouyne, Mike Norman, Liam McCauley, Jason King, Jason Beynon, Aidan Dodd etc. All players that have proved their status at this level, but the best we did at English College level was 3rd place. So i think this crop of youngsters at the college, who won the league 07/08, definately have the ability to play in the West division now, and easily the potential to make good names for themselves in the Premier in the coming years.

Guest chanz

Phil Used to be a quality keeper to be fair, and when plymstock finished 2nd in the east 07/08 i think you'll find he bagged quote a few goals!!

and dan gill was playing for us when he was a regular in the saltash 1st team. a reccurant knee injury (which is why argyle released him) is what has stopped gill progressing, that and the fact he enjoys his drinking too much!!

Guest chanz

Its not always about what you are capable of, for some its just being with friends and enjoying your saturdays. Which i think is a fair shout. Given the choice of playing at a high level- but not enjoying it, or playing at a lower level and enjoying it, i would always choose where i enjoy it most!

I dont care for the way you are criticising players purely based on their age .. im sure if you were to watch the college academy side you would come across numerous players that are more than capable of playing in the south western league. Last season many actually played for the academy on a wednesday whilst holding down starting places with SWL clubs on a saturday, all at the age of 17/18.

Id love to hear about the games you saw last season .. do you know the names of the academy players??

DOUBT IT!!

dave x

Phil Burgouyne ????? hardly p[layed last season while at plymstock . and dan gill plays for millbrook - enough said

Surly he could do better than millbrook though , why is he playing for them anyway ?

Gill damaged cruciate ligements when he was at satlash argyle etc, and hasn't fully recovered it would be fair to say hence why he may not be as high a standard as he ought to be, but injuries are things that happen. as for playing for millbrook, he was looking for a club to play for, knew dane at millbrook and wanted to play footy with mates and enjoy it.

surely more people should be looking to do simular, in the fact of playing football cause they want to play football and enjoy their saturdays rather then going to a club for money?!

Mr Unorthodox everyone knows your james gill so stop talking about yourself in the third person you sad act!

Back to the subject, mickey has the makings of a good squad and I wouldn't be surprised if they finished in the top 5.

The signing of Mark Channing has gone unmentioned upon and id just like to say ..

Mark Channing is a modern day "Mr versatile", or if you prefer the "john O'shea of the south western leagues" id like to see the bloke captain the U's this coming season!! What a player .. comfortable in an array of positions!

Guest chanz

hedgehog, u don't have talk poo sometimes! I've just found out who u r, so stop trying to stitch me up, else i'll reveal your identity. (and you'll be failing your last pieces of coursework!!)

Mr Unorthodox everyone knows your james gill so stop talking about yourself in the third person you sad act!

Back to the subject, mickey has the makings of a good squad and I wouldn't be surprised if they finished in the top 5.

The signing of Mark Channing has gone unmentioned upon and id just like to say ..

Mark Channing is a modern day "Mr versatile", or if you prefer the "john O'shea of the south western leagues" id like to see the bloke captain the U's this coming season!! What a player .. comfortable in an array of positions!

HAHAHA ... ****.... read what it is written, i'm writing about dan gill!

Lee Dere, quality attacking midfielder? Cant see it if im honest

Satto are you sure you've got the right person? Pretty sure there is a player called lee dare and another called lee dere, you may have got mixed up?

I was not aware there are two lee deres, i was reffering to the lee dere that used to play djm football for elburton villa

Guest geordielad

ive heard that the plymstock manager is not only looking at those boys from the college but is looking at the released guys from st blazey as well as signing on a couple from parkway ec side.

Andy Cormzck bodmin

Dave Hallow college

Ash Piggot blazey

Dan Discombe dobs

Don Mactham argyle yts

Dean Smith parkway

Sean Smith parkway

Rob Stephens St Blazey

Im new to this thread but ohhhh dear!!!!!!

Just reading some of the things on here is nothing but stupid!!!!!

Things such as Mark Channing "the John O'shea of the south western league"??????

THen reading the signings that supposibly Mr Hunt is signing is some what odd!!!!

Mark is a good friend if mine and he will not mind me saying a John O'shea he is not!!! Plus he only has max of 6 games of Peninsula football under his belt so to say he is that of the South western or Peninsula league is very OTT.

Plus the players that are signing according to variuos people on here, some i have never heard of and to be honest to be the best in the Peninsula West league Mr Hunt as im sure he is aware needs some outstanding players to win the league or even push to win the leauge. HE will certainly bring the best out of players but unless he gets some real talent in i cant see them pushing for the league!!

Players such as Mark Channing, Craig Holt, Dean Smith(if he goes there which is very unlickly), will add strength in all areas of play both defending and attacking but three players are by no means enough!!!!!

Guest st george9

Players such as Mark Channing, Craig Holt, Dean Smith(if he goes there which is very unlickly), will add strength in all areas of play both defending and attacking but three players are by no means enough!!!!!

craig holt could be heading milbrook!

Craig Holt off to Millbrook??

Firstly that will never happen because i know for a fact that he has signed for Plymstock, plus Micky Hunt is his brother in law, so he has signed for that also, and thirdly Craig Holt to Millbrook??? Not a chance!!!

Guest chanz

Harris, so you claim to be a good friend of mine, yet you only think I've played 6 times in swp??? what are you.. a long lost friend or something?

And i've just spoke to Andy who had no idea of these posts, so obviously you have managed to sign in using his name and password. Good going.

Andy Harris here: Firstly i want to apologise for dumb ass who has successfully guessed my password and hasnt got anything else better to do......

Chanz sorry for the stupid comments on here, i have no idea who it could be... I see they have even made out that know Holty aswel....

I think they must know you and holty or of you and holty due to the fact they know Holty is related to Micky!!!

ive heard that the plymstock manager is not only looking at those boys from the college but is looking at the released guys from st blazey as well as signing on a couple from parkway ec side.

Andy Cormzck bodmin

Dave Hallow college

Ash Piggot blazey

Dan Discombe dobs

Don Mactham argyle yts

Dean Smith parkway

Sean Smith parkway

Rob Stephens St Blazey

Seems millbrook got there first on DON MACTHAM! Would this because of the list you stole mike ?????

CLICK HERE