Cornwall Football Forum

FALMOUTH USING AN UNDER-15 OR NOT TO GET TO FINAL?

Guest Chris B

Guest The Patriot

FALMOUTH PLAYED JAMIE WEBB AGAINST CULDROSE IN THE CUP 1/4 FINAL WHO IS ONLY 15 YEARS OLD. HAVE HAD THIS CONFIRM BY A NUMBER OF PEOPLE ALSO CLAIMING FALMOUTH RES TEAM MANAGER TO BE SMUG ABOUT IT TOO.

NO DOUBT THIS POST WILL BE DELETED. :SM_carton:

Guest The Patriot

[i HAVE IT ON GOOD AUHTORITY THAT FALMOUTH RES PLAYED JAMIE WEBB IN THE SUP CUP 1/4 FINAL AND HE IS ONLY 15. NOW FALMOUTH ARE IN THE FINAL!!

ANYONE ELSE PUBLICALY CONFIRM THIS? TEAM SHEETS? ETC?

Taken from paper report

"My sides attitude was superb and the ability in that dressing room showed on the pitch. Credit to every player there, they deserve all the praise they get. This is the second season in a row we have got to the semi finals. I want a trophy this season and I’ll make sure were ready to take on who ever we draw!! Town: Rose, Webb, Clode, Rawlings, Spraggett, Harris, Miller, Appleton, Broaders, Bryant, Bowden. Subs: Reeve, Hutchings.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

I take it the point you are trying to make, is that you have to be 16 to play Senior football. I'm sure that FTFC would have sent to correct registrations in, and that the appropriate authorites would have checked dates of birth etc...

...or maybe not !

Guest The Patriot

Well he was named in the paper for playing but if the team sheet tells a different story then who knows

Guest blue203

Scooby you should get a grip of this bloke the last thing Culdrose could do with is another slagging match this season..

Guest The Patriot

This is a reply to blue203

I have better things to do like enjoy my football. Not play in a league that blatant cheating happens. I was not a Culdrose player at the time so it did not effect me however, how long will the CCFA let things like this slide? Saying a club has 3 days to complain but if you find out after 3 days then tough shite.

This is another example of the CCFA getting egg on thier faces after the Ben Andros rubbish. I think a team needs to punished hard to prevent things like this happening in the future.

But let me guess, Swept and Carpet come to mind :angry2:

Any reply from Pidge??

NO DOUBT THIS POST WILL BE DELETED

The reason, The Patriot, that your original thread was deleted was because of the stupid non-football replies that it prompted.

Nothing at all to do with what would appear to be your back-door way of getting in the final. Seems to me that any side that plays a 15 year old and wins, deserves to go through! :blink:

Guest The Patriot

NO DOUBT THIS POST WILL BE DELETED

The reason, The Patriot, that your original thread was deleted was because of the stupid non-football replies that it prompted.

Nothing at all to do with what would appear to be your back-door way of getting in the final. Seems to me that any side that plays a 15 year old and wins, deserves to go through! :blink:

What a joke dave, That made me laugh. I'm cup tied! :D Plus you stating you condole Breaking the laws of the beautiful game?

Whistler blower it makes no odds its cheating. Your missing the point. 15 or Not even signed on makes no difference. Clubs shouldnt get away with this. It makes a joke of the whole thing. But thats Cornwall.

Guest WINNO

What are those circumstances then. As far as Im aware you have to be 16 years old to play senior football. SIMPLE FA DIRECTIVE

Plus you stating you condole Breaking the laws of the beautiful game?

Yes, the age rule should never exist - if you're good enough, you're old enough!

And as for "but thats Cornwall" - take it up with the Jollys Cornwall Combination League - don't blame the county for this one surely!

Guest blue203

Totaly agree with you Dave stupid rule and how can the county be blamed for the running of the League.. I think its time this was put to bed...

Sorry winno that is not strictly correct, I cannot give you the actual reasons because I am not sure myself but it`s tied in with football academy players and they can play senior football when 15 years old, the 16 years to play in open age football is a FIFA directive designed to protect the young players but if a 15 year old is attached to a football academy then he is deemed to have the protection needed so is allowed to play. I am sorry if my answer is a bit vague but as i said I am not sure of the actual rules regarding this situation.

Guest Postie Pidge

Maybe the Combination League should have a place to put date of birth on the signing on forms.

Rumours and gossip

Guest The Patriot

can confirm that he is in yr 11 at school so must b 16

not intirely true. just because your in yr 11 doesn't make you 16. I thought the no under 16 rule was due to Child protection act.

Guest WINNO

What would everyone on hear be saying if the young lad had been seriously injured in a game then!!!!

I got no probs with the age thing it used to be 14 but Im sure its now 16. Lets look at the more serious side of it young lads getting injured if they really arnt legally entitled to be playing. What would happen to the club concerned that would have the sued off it. These are the questions I would like ansewered. My son is 15 and a very good goalkeeper. He can play combo football next season at age 15 with no legal implecations YES or NO!!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Im sure the child protection act says no minor will be allowed to change and shower with adults.

Personally i think they should be 16 as i have been involved in a situation a long time ago when i clattered a young player who was under 16 and was confronted by their father accusing me of intentionally trying to hurt a child and that i was a bully although when in the same situation with an adult nothing was said.

16 should be the limit as anything with children should be left to children and shoudnt be mixed with adults.

Guest WINNO

I think you will find an academy perhaps being Plymouth Argyle or something. Not Falmouth Town, Falmouth Athletic, Culdrose or anybody else.......

Sorry Falmouth but in the interests of those under age I think it should be cleared up and soon.....

Guest blue203

tafc u should pop down to Culdrose on a saturday morning and look at the size of some of those youngsters and then look at the size of say Kevin Lawrence at Porthleven (sorry Kev to use you as an example).

To quote - concerning minimum age restrictions.

"players in the approved School of Excellence programme at Football League level and Academy programme at FA Premier League level are exempt from the restrictions as set out in FA Rules. This will also filter down to National Conference level where a Club relegated from FL Div 2 retains its licence.

Furthermore, the FA is happy to confirm that this ruling has no bearing on grassroots football where the age limit is 16 - in other words a player cannot play in open age football until his 16th Birthday. This has not changed."

Oh dear Pidge. I think that there's a problem.

Guest plainmoor

yes but what it all comes down to is have falmouth balls up or not & from the silience from falmouth i think it is a balls up & not that they have all these circumstances in place or am i barking up the wrong tree

Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't mousehole used a 15 year old lad to run the line for them in the swpl west division this season? which true is also a breach of the rules.

Guest plainmoor

he has run the line for a fair amount of the season & when asked about it, it was fine as long as he didn't play, which he has never done & ever team he has lined against has said how good & honest job he has done!!! :thumbsup:

That's not the point, he's 15 and rules is rules he is not allowed to run the line in an open aged event. So it's one rule for one and one rule for the others is it?

HP get a life and go and suck on them sour grapes you've got hidden away.

Guest The Patriot

Plus you stating you condole Breaking the laws of the beautiful game?

Yes, the age rule should never exist - if you're good enough, you're old enough!

So as a manager now dave would you put a child (15yr old) in a game knowing his age? THINK NOT

Maybe the Combination League should have a place to put date of birth on the signing on forms.

Rumours and gossip

Rumours and Gossip??? Please Prove me wrong

HP get a life and go and suck on them sour grapes you've got hidden away.

As previously stated i was not even signed on to the club in question, I was even out of the country! So no sour grapes my friend.

The fact is that this is cheating and should be stamped out. FACT.

Like Winno said. If he got injuried then what would of happend?

Laws are their for a reason. Child protection

I'm glad some people on here are looking at this topic sensibly

Quick one, why change the topic title? It is fact a 15yr old-Jamie Webb played.

Firstly I was made aware of the possibility that a 15 year old named Jamie Webb played in the fixture, 10 days after the fixture was played. At the time both myself and our First Team Manager decided not to act for the following reason:

League Rule 15 - Para b: states that any protest or complaint is to be lodged in duplicate within 3 days (excluding Sundays) of the match or occurence to which they refer.

We also felt that no real advantage was gained by Falmouth Town as they were deserved winners on the day.

I would, however, like to point out that a player has to be 16 years old to play within adult Football. Furthermore they do have to seek permission from their headmaster or senior lecturer if still in full time education. I know this as I have asked the question to both the CCFA and after seeking guidance from the registration secretary at the JCCL. I have registered a 16 year old to play in FHFL and had to seek permission from Hayle School for him to do so.

If Patriot and Winno have evidence that a 15 year old played within adult football then they have good reason to highlight this. All rules relating to this are under FA Rule C4.

Lastly to Blue 203. RNAS Culdrose FC have not been involved in any Slagging match this season. W

Falmouth are technically in breach of an F.A.rule. If the JCCL are aware of this, then they should act to remedy the situation, irrespective of whether Culdrose or any other party has formally complained during the normal three day period. On learning this, John Roberts should have been in contact with the CCFA. to determine whether or not, if qualification for the next round of the Sup Cup is concerned, Falmouth can proceed to the next round.

Scooby's attitude to the breach of rule is admirable, but by the letter of the law, if the CCFA and the Fixture Secretary of the JCCL ignore this, they are following the Andros precedent.

Do you think Mr Roberts would be as laid back if Rod Beer had signed a teamsheet with an under-age player on it or if the club knocked out of the Sup Cup by Falmouth had been Helston ?