Cornwall Football Forum

Millbrook V Newquay

Well done to Jim,Lee and all the players (and others involved!!)for an excellent season. An especially big mention to groundsman steve as well. I'm sure some sort of report will be on here soon re tonights game. All the best tomorrow Robbo, hope you have a great day. See you all next season!!!

Well done.

Here are five of the games goals, I missed the Millbrook one which was a route one type goal but with a nice lob at the end of it by the forward. I also missed Middsy's first but it was from a ball which was crossed in and drifted towards goal catching the keeper out as he could only parry it down and Middsy tapped it in. There are a few more video clips if you click on my youtube account...

Scott Palmer with a great freekick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLNEjpg7CLY

Jake gets no. 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ojfLFGdbs

Luke gets the third:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a9hWoMceAE

Ashley puts in a cross thats turned in by a defender:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bH3cEBX2mM

Middsys second which I did get:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHoH2pacKC8

And finally, the presentation of the runners up trophy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFaN-mMi1vc

Just want to say thank you to Millbrook who were a very welcoming and friendly club, and the drive down was lovely.

Guest Peppermint

First of all thank you to the St Austell supporters for their wishes - much appreciated.

Secondly - what a fantastic gesture form Millbrook Football Club - despite the disappointment of losing their supporters and Committee members were present at the Presentation to the Newquay team and they also provided two bottles of bubbly for the team. They are great club and I would like to wish them the best of luck for next season and they certainly deserve some luck.

Thanks to all of our wonderful supporters for their undying support throughout the season and finally from a proud Chairman - well done to our superb squad of players and to Jim Hilton and Lee Hawkey for all their hard work this season.

Congratulations to Penzance Football Club for winning the league. Thanks to Phil Hiscox for all his efforts this season and it certainly is a well run league and thanks to all the dedicated officers who work tirelessly on our behalf.

Graham Drew

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Would like to thank all those involved with MILLBROOK AFC, had a fantastic night from 6.10pm to 9.40pm, the bar staff (especially Jason), Committee, Keano and his boys, Callymike and everyone at Millbrook, many many thanks. The crowd count was 68 inc SWPL officials and the local youths who came in at half time but we counted 42 from Newquay to give the home side their biggest gate of the season.

A fairly even 1st half despite Scott Palmers Ronaldo-esque free kick to put the reds 1-0 up after 11mins, Millbrook hit back and were level on 21 mins, nerves all round. Jake Hartigan put NQY 2-1 up after 37mins with a goal that was begging to be scored, Jake had so much time to finish, I could have come on and done it for him. Luke Wheldon who arrived in the biggest flashiest Old Trafford type car, flashed past us on the A30, passengers waving regally, made it 3-1 on 46mins. the 4th looked like an OG but Ash is claiming it, and Middsy despite blazing over from 3 yards claimed the 5th and 6th goals and top goalscorer for The Peppermints this season.

Runners up Trophy and Shields presented by SWPL officials who actually mentioned the great Newquay support - yee ha ! and Millbrook presented the players with 2 bottles of Fizz to shake about, cracking night all round, with all from MW looking forward to going one step further next season !

PROUD TO BE A PEPPERMINT !

Got to say well done to the Peppermints! great run since the new year. Well done to Jim who has assembled a good, young local team and a true gentleman through it all.

although they've pinched that runners up medal out of my hand, well done to everyone at Newquay.

Guest Peppermint

Thanks Bradley - I forget to mention congratulations to St Austell on winning the Senior Cup.

There are certainly some very good teams in the Division 1 West League.

In my humble opinion Penzance will do well in the Premier League next season and a number of other clubs in the West Division would aquit themselves well in the Premier.

I am sure next season will be another exciting season and I am sure most people are already looking forward to it.Some interesting results this past season St Austell defeated Newquay on three occasions - Newquay actually doing the double over Champions Penzance and long term league leaders Porthleven.

Truro City beating Newquay twice and Godolphin Atlantic sharing a win each with the Peppermints. The 'G' have certainly done well in their first season and if they beat Penryn today could finish in 8th position. If Penryn defeat the 'G' then providing Porthleven and Callington lose then they would move up to 4th.

I am off to watch the 'G' this afternoon in what looks a good fixture - my last football report of the season.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Hey, Graham.

Emma Vardy's back on Radio Cornwall.

How exciting is that. ;);););););)

Great, is she topless on the BBC website, otherwise whats the point of her ?

Back to the useless reporting from Radio Cornwall. Listened to her show today.

The only local results read out were 2 from the SWPL Premeir involving Falmouth and Saltash. Over and over they were repeated.

2 interviews in an hour. One with Alan Carey and one with the assistant at Saltash. The rest was music. And the simple questions to Alan Carey must have had him squirming in his seat.

Thank goodness the season is nearly over. Last few weeks have been great with results from Div 1 West, combo, etc.

She even said we will have the local cricket results before the end of the programme but even these didn't materialise.

Most of you voted for a show on Radio St Austell from 5-7pm on a Saturday. Wrong! as most of the county couldn't hear it or had no access to a computer as you were travelling home, having an after-match pint, etc. So it had poor listening figures. The show should have gone out live on Sunday evenngs 5-7pm with recorded interviews, etc. It would have had time to be smoothed out etc. A pity it has finished.

Guest Peppermint

Thanks David - you know how to cheer somebody up - I thought Ross Ellis was beginning to build a better programme.

Do these people in authority at the station really know how the sports world of Cornwall really works - obviously not.