Cornwall Football Forum

Guest Fingers7

to all the legends reading this thread

firstly congratulations to the St Dennis boys for winning the porthminster cup last sunday, I passed the ball to Stuart to score the winner, best pass he got all day.

Secondly all the players at hayle vets are as confused as everyone else with whats been going on with the league this year and we know we were beaten fair and square by western regardless of how many seniors were supposedly playing end of.

I for one just want to pit my abilities against the best vets around, if they happen to all be playing for the same side then so be it. I would rather play a game against quality players than go out and beat teams 6/7/8/ nil because THAT would be a waste of a sunday morning.

I am nearly 47 years young and still play in mining one and if we were to win promotion to senior football then I dont see the reason why any vet should stop playing the game they obviuosly love just because of who they play for on a saturday. And some of the games we played this season have been better games to watch for the punters than some saturday games ive seen and I get to play with the myth that is RAPPO.

best to all Denis (fingers7) Fallowfield

can anyone CONFIRM if there is a final at Newquay on tuesday the 19th May ,the reason I ask is that we have our AGM in the clubhouse at 8pm which should be completed before the game is over,so the clubhouse will be open after the game.

However the clubhouse will be open at 7pm but all non members will have to leave the club during the duration of the AGM .

to all the legends reading this thread

firstly congratulations to the St Dennis boys for winning the porthminster cup last sunday, I passed the ball to Stuart to score the winner, best pass he got all day.

Secondly all the players at hayle vets are as confused as everyone else with whats been going on with the league this year and we know we were beaten fair and square by western regardless of how many seniors were supposedly playing end of.

I for one just want to pit my abilities against the best vets around, if they happen to all be playing for the same side then so be it. I would rather play a game against quality players than go out and beat teams 6/7/8/ nil because THAT would be a waste of a sunday morning.

I am nearly 47 years young and still play in mining one and if we were to win promotion to senior football then I dont see the reason why any vet should stop playing the game they obviuosly love just because of who they play for on a saturday. And some of the games we played this season have been better games to watch for the punters than some saturday games ive seen and I get to play with the myth that is RAPPO.

best to all Denis (fingers7) Fallowfield

Firstly Fingers, I must thank you, it was the best ball I had all day and completely agree if someone is 40+ then regardless of where they are currently playing, they have obviously been really fortunate or have taken great care of themselves to enable them to be still playing, so dont think anyone should be able to stop them.

Secondly to Metts, the final on Tuesday what cup is that?

GODOLPHIN VETS V DOWNDERRY AT NEWQUAY 6.45 KICK OFF TUE NIGHT CONFIRMED SUPP CUP FINAL AND AGGIE V DOWNDERRY NOW A FRIENDLY THIS SUNDAY , AGGIE GIVING THE SEMI TO DOWNDERRY DUE TO UN AVAIBILTY OF PLAYERS SO MAKING A TEAM UP OF AGGIE A AND AGGI B FOR THE FRIENDLY.

Agree with Fingers Western Inn were quality and deserved there wins but we did run them close in other games and could have won if we took chances and all players ay Hayle not complaining about result and just as confused as the rest of teams about semis and final fixtures Vets football is there for all to enjoy and the quality you see from teams a joy to watch and like fingers i did play combo for many years but to still play on a Sunday at age of 52 with likes of players who turn out for Hayle is a privlage, and i have to say you should have played higher Dennis cause you easilly good enough even now.

Also Western could probably still play in and compete with most combo teams? I play Sat F/H2 and dont have as hard a time. :P

lets hope beat the Hibs tom Rappo!

Hope so Al!!! 6 points off the hibees and jam tarts and its all over mate! 4 in a row!!! thought the dons might do us a favour today,gutted.can't see the huns getting much joy at tannadice either mate!? reckon we,ll win it back at paradise bud.what a good old glasgow east end night that would be mate!!! cant let the huns do the double!!! see you soon with me photo's Al.all the best mate x :thumbsup: