Cornwall Football Forum

Tatc-gaffa looking to step up!!!

Guest Paulo Porkchop

Guest Paulo Porkchop

I was taking to someone involved with Torpoint the other day and it seems that Neil Williams has put his name forward for the Torpoint 2nd team job if currant manager Ricky Cardew decides to call it a day at the mill.Apparantly he has already spoken about what he wants to do and even targeted what players he plans to bring in,and listen to this he is also planning a massive clean out of the currant back to back title winning squad!!!!!

Guest Paulo Porkchop

I no it seems very very strange 4-4-2 but affraid i heard it from someone involved at the club so there`s got to be some truth in the matter!!

What a shame. Wonder where the current players will end up then? A few will step up a level surely, then i suppose some of the other teams in the league will fight it out for the others. I've really enjoyed watching them this season as well

Guest Paulo Porkchop

All im saying is from what ive been told thats what Tafc-gaffa wants to happen,who`s to say that Ricky Cardew is not going to stay on and go for another title,lets hope so for the sake of the team!!

Come on Guys lets get things out in the OPEN.

I am sure that if changes are to be made at Torpoint then the Team should be the first to know. Its them that GOT the Championship with very good coaching from the Manager(s). I, as a supporter also want to know.

We all expect players to move, alot of moves will depend on who's in the driving seat, so come on let the players know and the supporters what is happening, or likey to happen, then they can plan there season for next year

i've heard a few rumours similar to this but dont know how true they are. if he did take over i wouldnt imagine he'd want a mass clear out though, he knows the majority of the players there and i cant see many of the duchy side stepping up, aside from maybe carts and stace and i cant see any of the Edgcumbe lads leaving which is what i heard.

He's done well in his 1st year in Management so its only natural he'd wanna step up and i think he could do a good job, if Ricky steps down then he's in with a shout, but cant see Torpoint getting rid of Ricky it would be the worst thing they could do.

He also informed me the other day he's hung up his boots - we'll see in August!! :D

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Now now boys put your tounges back in!!!!!

Yes i have hung my boots up and am gonna concentrate on management.

Yes i have had a massive first year in management with Kev making a nearly side into a title winning side.

Now although the step up does look really appealling im sure the man who has just won back to back titles is quite happy in his job as i am in mine.

I understand that people like to tell tales on here and try to upset clubs but cant understand why their own so called supporters do????

Yes i want to progress as a manager and cant wait to but that will be when i deserve to not when so called supporters decide to upset the system!

Guest ECPL Supporter

Where on earth has this story come from? It obviously hasn't come from nothing as i too have heard similar things. It's natural that Neill would want to progress but as Mr Poatohead said, there isn't a job available at the moment- we haven't even finished all our games this season yet. Torpoint have had a fantastic season and i think we should be allowed to enjoy what we have achieved this season for a while without people trying to second guess what is happening next season.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

or any of the currant squad to be honest!!!! whats this got to do with danny or lee medling!!!

I suppose at that time of the morning that sounded funny!!!