Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Division Two

Chacewater 5 Camborne SOM 1 H/T 3-0

Chacewater got off to a good start when skipper Gavin Bennetts turned in a crowded penalty area and volleyed the ball into the far corner of the net after 10 minutes.School struck the inside of the post and the ball ran kindly for Chacewater back across goal and it was cleared.On 20 minutes Ian Jenkins broke quickly and crossed for Dan Davis to score a second goal.Two minutes later a Matt Davis cross was driven inside the post for a third goal by Gavin Bennetts.Matt Davis also struck the post as Chacewater were well on top in the first half.

A half time pep talk and substitution worked wonders for the School as were by far the better team for the first twenty minutes of the second half and pulled a goal back in the 49th minute when a shot was parried by Russell Grice but fell for a visiting player.Gradually as the half wore on Chacewater began to play better together and in the 72nd minute a long Steve Harvey free-kick was bundled in by Dan Davis.

In the 85th minute young substitute Craig Hitchens controlled a difficult bouncing ball and shot low into the net from 20 yards.He then had another shot cleared off the line and Dan Davis managed to put the ball over the crossbar from a yard out.

All in all a decent performance from Chacewater,good in the first half and at the end of the match but School were strong in between.Well reffed by Derek Fox and there wasn't a bad challenge in the game.

apparantly in the penryn 4ths v fal athletics game QUAID SANDERS IS CLAIMING A GOAL TO SETTLE A BET HE HAD WITH ANDY STIVEY SAYING HE WOULD SCORE BEFORE THE CLUBS DINNER AND DANCE NEXT FRIDAY BUT EVERYBODY WHO SAW IT SAID IT TOOK A DEFLECTION AND IT WAS AN OWN GOAL .

SO I SAY IF YOU DONT SCORE A PROPER GOAL BY FRIDAY LOOKS LIKE STIVES HAS GOT A COUPLE OF PINTS COMING HIS WAY AT THE HOTEL.

ALSO GOOD LUCK TO THE 4THS IN THEIR FINAL NEXT WEEK MAKE SURE YOU BRING THE CUP HOME

yes it did take a deflection a go in but the shot was on target and who knows if the keeper was going to save it? i kow i have a bet with stivey but i will get a goal before next friday :clapper: but if u read bushys comment he as put my name down? o well maybe it will come before next friday