Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL SUPPLEMENTARY CUP FINAL RESULT

A very entertaining game as well, all 4 goals scored in the last 15 mins. Credit to Parkway for matching Saltash in all departments, but at the end of the day Saltash showed the difference between Premier and Div One football and kept forcing Parkway too deep and forcing errors.

Congratulations to Saltash Utd. Plymouth Parkway look forward to locking horns against Premiership Clubs next season

A good game on balance, Parkway perhaps having the better of the first period but were unable to make the most of their chances. The second half certainly saw Saltash up their game and in the end were probably deserved winners.

Some good players on show, both Saltash forwards looked bright, with Parkway's no.14 (Ross Avery, I think), no. 10 and no.3 also looking like good players.

Congrats to all at Saltash on their victory.

Guest A LEGEND!

You may be muddled up with your players there!, 'saltash scholesy' ran midfield second half and the towering centre backed bossed it for saltash although when parkway managed to get it on the floor the cut saltash open but at the end of the day you could see who'd been playing in the premier division all season and who'd been in division 1. however, i have no doubt parkway will hold their own in that league next year on what i saw.

It was certainly a game of 2 halfs. Parkway looked the brighter in the first and should've gone in at least 1-0 up at halftime. Ross Avery had the shout of the game, accusing the Saltash left back of being "gash" and then within 2 minutes hitting the post with an open goal. The Saltash left back was in stitches!!!!!!! The second half was a totally different affair with Saltash dominating possession and attempts on goal. In all fairness it could've been a greater scoreline with Saltash hitting the post and having a stalwart penalty waved away.

Parkway have romped away with their league this season and i believe they will certainly finish top 5 in the premier IF they can keep that squad together with possible additions.

I tend to agree with jannerlad. Parkway should have been one or two goals up at half time. Saltash certainly bossed the second half but Parkways defence played very well especialy their big centre half I think he was called Hammond. The goals actually came in the 84th, 87th and 89th minute with Parkway pulling a goal back in time added on. And no there was no cast iron penalty. I assume you are talking about Robbie Priddle. I was stood no more than 10 yeards from the incident looking head on and there was no foul Priddle was starting to gone down under the challenge as both fought for the ball. No penalty.

I felt that parkway missed the boat by not scorng at least one goal in the first half. They continually stretched the Saltash defence through sheer pace and the great skill and heading ability of Ross Avery who won almost every header.

All credit to both sides a super game played on a very wet and slippery surface And hats off to referee Jeff Rutherford. At last a referee with common sense. Another ref would have had a book full of names. Not this fella. When I spoke to him after the match he said it was a great match to referee between two commited sides.

Well done Saltash and what a credit Plymouth Parkway were. They should do well next season in the Premier Division.