Cornwall Football Forum

Arsenal v Man utd

Gutted bout tonites game, just gutted!!, its always ifs and buts with us

if only gibbs hadnt of slipped, if he hadnt of slipped he wouldnt have been low on confidence giving the ball away to ronaldo leading to the free kick. its the same old f**cking story with us!!

we were completely outclassed over two legs, it just shows nowadays that you do have to spend big to compete with the big boys, congrats to utd, i just hope Barca take the trophy home!!!

Man u-rooney £30mil, Berba £30mil, Rio £30mil, Anderson £20mil, Ronaldo £20mil, Carrick £30mil (there or there abouts with those prices

Chelsea-Endless list of players they have bought for over £20mil

Liverpool-Spent alot on crap-but bought well and spent big on reira and torres

Arsenal-Arshavin!!!!

not good enough, we must buy big in summer, just so i dont have to go through the most painful of seasons ever as an Arsenal fan!! the amount of money i haVE spent going to see games this season is a joke! i just want to see my money i spend on my tickets home and away go toward new signings and not just sit there coz we proved we have money in the bank but just never want to spend over £15mil.

suggestions

Def-Hangeland

Mid-Alonso/Palombo

CF-D.Villa

bring on August

Guest danny-efc-pafc

your sayin about man utds players and costs!

think of how much money arsenal wud get if they sold there players!

fabregas adebayor walcott rosicky(when fit) van persire think of how much they are worth

is true united r a different class atm !

a barca united final would be interesting!

your sayin about man utds players and costs!

think of how much money arsenal wud get if they sold there players!

fabregas adebayor walcott rosicky(when fit) van persire think of how much they are worth

is true united r a different class atm !

a barca united final would be interesting!

are you being a bit thick mate????

the costs i put up is how much utd have spent on those players!!!

not how much return they would get, yes we would make huge money if we sold the players you mentioned, cesc cost about 1mil, ade £7mil and RVP £8mil walcott £8mil would easily make £100mil if we sold all four but it aint gunner happen.

may i suggest reading a little better next time :thumbsup:

Guest danny-efc-pafc

lol i was cheerin for arsenal!! but first goal killed them! your wee man gibbs was amense in the first leg! just a shame on his behalf he'll be havin nightmares about that for months!

lol i was cheerin for arsenal!! but first goal killed them! your wee man gibbs was amense in the first leg! just a shame on his behalf he'll be havin nightmares about that for months!

soz just feelin bit snappy right now!!! i hate losin!!! especially wen its Arsenal

Guest Jim

Man u-rooney £30mil, Berba £30mil, Rio £30mil, Anderson £20mil, Ronaldo £20mil, Carrick £30mil (there or there abouts with those prices

Actually Anderson undisclosed estimated at max £17m, Ronaldo £12m, Carrick £17m (where do you get £30m from?!)

Got to agree. How many years have we been hearing "the youth of Arsenal"? What have they got....eternal youth or something. When are the team going to grow into men and win a trophy?

Full credit to Man U. No arguments with the result.

Actually Anderson undisclosed estimated at max £17m, Ronaldo £12m, Carrick £17m (where do you get £30m from?!)

there or there abouts--just getting apoint accross that we have to spend big to play big-i thought carrick defo cost over £20 mil--i think you are forgetting add ons!! but it was def over £17 im sure, anderson was just over £20 with add ons ie appearences, goals, champions league apps etc ,the clubs will never mention add on fees dont forget-they just tell you how much theyve wacked up front on the table

like arshavin was supposed to have signed for like £14 mil but i heard from a very close source to the club (the same source that told me Alonso was minutes away from signing for us but we did not want to cough up more than £12 up front with £2mil in add ons-and liver pool want in total £17mil so they could do barry deal) that the Arshavin deal cost just under £17mil.

Guest Jim

there or there abouts--just getting apoint accross that we have to spend big to play big-i thought carrick defo cost over £20 mil--i think you are forgetting add ons!! but it was def over £17 im sure, anderson was just over £20 with add ons ie appearences, goals, champions league apps etc ,the clubs will never mention add on fees dont forget-they just tell you how much theyve wacked up front on the table

like arshavin was supposed to have signed for like £14 mil but i heard from a very close source to the club (the same source that told me Alonso was minutes away from signing for us but we did not want to cough up more than £12 up front with £2mil in add ons-and liver pool want in total £17mil so they could do barry deal) that the Arshavin deal cost just under £17mil.

Carrick's fee was £14m + £3m add ons, nowhere near £30m!

Guest Porcupine

Fair to say Man Utd shredded Arsenal tonight.

Gotta feel sorry for poor Fletcher.

Would like to hear Midfields views on the game.

Perhaps Arsenal and Gibbs should have taken note of Chelseas defending last week !!!!!!!!

Guest Jim

Sorry, I stand corrected £14m + £4.6m add ons : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/5233892.stm but still nowhere near £30m!

Also Anderson and Nani cost £30m together http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/6733191.stm with Nani reported elsewhere to cost £14m, so I don't know where you got over £20m from!

C'mon you Arsenal supporters, I think you're being a little bit harsh on your team.

I thought you played some lovely football tonight, and I found it all very entertaining!

I thought you all say it's about entertainment first, winning trophies second?

Or have I got my wires crossed somewhere?

PS: By the way, I've decided, after taking a 4 or 5 month sabbatical from posting on this forum, it was time to make my return. So expect the usual, reasoned, accurate & humurous postings to break up the drivel that I've been reading on here (Coopsie excluded, he always makes for interesting reading whether I agree with posts or not)

Quite simply, we wern't good enough over the 2 legs. Mistakes happen - as in the first 2 goals - but we didn't raise our game at all. Heads quite clearly dropped after the 2nd goal and there was little hope of finding a way back after that. I for one am not going to start laying the blame at certain players feet as it is a team effort after all. I actually feel sorry for Fletcher as well. It wasn't a penalty and to miss out on the final must be devastating. Also, I hope Gibbs is not too affected by his mistake. He is an excellent prospect. Clearly, the defence needs improving over the summer. We need to go for a top centre-half.

Sorry, I stand corrected £14m + £4.6m add ons : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/5233892.stm but still nowhere near £30m!

Also Anderson and Nani cost £30m together http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/6733191.stm with Nani reported elsewhere to cost £14m, so I don't know where you got over £20m from!

ok so i was out by the odd 10mil lol, but you seem to be missing my point-the utd team inc subs prob cost 3 times if not more than the arsenal squad which is why i said we need to spend big to play big.do you understand now?? :blink:

The odd 10mill on each player i think you mean!

i recall manchester ubnited going into huge debt when the glaziers took over and everyone crying out this is the end of united and they still have a huge debt but are buying sensibly (apart from berba) and putting trust into players with experience youth, passion, skill and the grit to fight for a game whereas others arent. and are still competeting for trophies!

just face it manchester united outclassed them without nearly 80million worth of players on the pitch (tevez, berba nani)

thats a sign of a great squad. and they still had the likes of o'shea fletcher park and rafael on who are no where near as much as the other figures so you can keep finding all the excuses but united were a different class.

Guest Man on the Post

Over the years Ferguson has been the master at producing sides with the right blend of youth and experience needed to win trophies. Wenger is miles behind in this respect.

Arsenal were undefeated in the 2003/2004 season with the following squad: Lehnann, Lauren, Campbell, Keown, Cole, Pires, Gilberto, Edu, Viera, Ljunberg, Parlour, Henry, Wiltord, Kanu, Bergkamp. Arsenal need 4 or 5 of those type of players in the current side.

Sell the donkey Adebayor and you can spend big. Apparently Milan are willing to spend 30 mill on him, if I were a Gooner I would offer to drive him there myself. Make Bentdner look half talented!

But hey like Peck says at least you play nice football sometimes and what wonderful young players you have, shame only about 2 are British!

The odd 10mill on each player i think you mean!

i recall manchester ubnited going into huge debt when the glaziers took over and everyone crying out this is the end of united and they still have a huge debt but are buying sensibly (apart from berba) and putting trust into players with experience youth, passion, skill and the grit to fight for a game whereas others arent. and are still competeting for trophies!

just face it manchester united outclassed them without nearly 80million worth of players on the pitch (tevez, berba nani)

thats a sign of a great squad. and they still had the likes of o'shea fletcher park and rafael on who are no where near as much as the other figures so you can keep finding all the excuses but united were a different class.

Behave SON!!!

if u read the first post i have already said we were outclassed, and once again i have to make this point-WE HAVE TO SPEND BIG LIKE UTD AND CHELSEA AND LIVERPOOL IF WE WANT TO COMPETE!!!!

Tevez--hes on loan im sure isnt he??-or some kind of dodgy deal to his owners?? im sure ul correct me.

anyway-your starting 11 cost at least double if not triple ours-which is why i said (coming back to the same point again ZZzzzzzz) we have to spend big to compete as we were outclassed over 2 legs. CAN YOU GET IT INTO UR HEAD????? :blink:

I bet you Gooners would now give anything to win that third rate trophy that Spurs won last season. Just to win something would be a truly commendable achievement for your BOYS.. And before you go on about Premier league titles, Champions league finals etc etc.... Stop living in the past :D ..

Last time Arsenal won anything I'm sure Ray Parlour scored :unsure: .. Not having a go, just pointing out it's been a while :D ..

Superb stadium you have there though, shame the seats are only comfortable for 60 minutes though. Perhaps that needs to be addressed in the future because surely those devoted followers would prefer to stay and watch a whole game? :unsure: ..

They got so desperately embarrassed after their first half battering that they even called in the bomb squad in hope that the game may be abandoned before the teams started the second half. :o

Turns out there was no suspicious package, the dog's that were called in were to sniff an unsuspecting Arsenal supporter because officials suspected drug use or possession after the guy admitted he actually WANTED to stay in his seat and not leave with the rest of the red and white army..

Still, joking aside, do not feel too disheartened. You have a fantastically gifted group of youngsters and I'm sure they'll be much better for the experience and next year will be their year ;) ..

Guest A LEGEND!

Man united have the mmoney to spend big unlike arsenal as they have been winning major trophies for donkeys and collecting nice prize money, also establishing themselves as england and possibly the worlds best up untill now. they buy sensibly arsenal have still 3 years before they can challenge then all their tiny babies will have grown into teenagers! and maybe able to with stand the barrage teams like united give them.

Sell the donkey Adebayor and you can spend big. Apparently Milan are willing to spend 30 mill on him, if I were a Gooner I would offer to drive him there myself. Make Bentdner look half talented!

Too right. He doesn't look interested, does he? :angry2:

Too right. He doesn't look interested, does he? :angry2:

I think he looks sensational and should be your main striker for many years to come.. ;) ..

How are you midfield, my fellow lack of success suffering football supporter. Although you've obviously suffered a fair bit longer that I have B)

What a fuss about which bunch of overpriced, diving, spoilt, overrated red scum lose to Chelsea in the final ! Peck 1961....hah, knew you wouldn't be able to keep your word on quitting. Duncan's less famous brother, I'll look forward to your change of picture when Rome has been painted blue.

How pathetic that United believe they can win in Europe this year only when they wear a Chelsea kit......

Barcelona ? Isn't that a Freddie Mercury song ? He would do a better job than Abidal......

Chelsea 3 Barcelona 2.....you read it here first.

:D

What a fuss about which bunch of overpriced, diving, spoilt, overrated red scum lose to Chelsea in the final ! Peck 1961....hah, knew you wouldn't be able to keep your word on quitting. Duncan's less famous brother, I'll look forward to your change of picture when Rome has been painted blue.

How pathetic that United believe they can win in Europe this year only when they wear a Chelsea kit......

Barcelona ? Isn't that a Freddie Mercury song ? He would do a better job than Abidal......

Erm, ok then :unsure: .. Time for your medicine me thinks? :wacko: . Your confidence is inspiring though Mr Beer sir and why should you be any other way?. Afterall, you're beloved Chelsea have proven time and time again that they are more than a match for Man Utd and that they have the heart and calm heads to not bottle it in finals if/when they make them. Haven't they?. :unsure:

I bet you Gooners would now give anything to win that third rate trophy that Spurs won last season..............etc...........etc

All very witty and so on Coopsie. Now, let me think, what trophies will Arsenal be realistically looking at winning next season? Let me tell you, we'll have a go at the Premier League Title, we have qualified for the Champions League once again, and will obviously be making an effort to improve upon this year’s performance of a losing semi final, and we'll be a realistic chance in the 2 domestic cups, the FA Cup being preferred to the League Cup.

Can you tell me, realistically and honestly if that’s possible, what you Spurs fans hope to be in the mix for next season? I guess priority number one is the League Cup, where you do have a realistic chance of winning against either lower league opposition or the "Big 4 second teams". I believe you are chasing a spot in Europe. Why is that? Is it not the case that all Judas Redknapp did when you progressed was to moan about fixture congestion (apart from reminding us how many points you had when he arrived)? You had to play your second team and get knocked out because the first team boys were tired. Surely, you don't want that again, you have to concentrate your efforts not to get embroiled in another relegation battle.

Don’t get me wrong, Arsenal have not won a trophy for years, and the last time they did, they did not deserve it, winning the FA Cup penalty shoot-out lottery against a Man U team that were miles better on the day.

But what are your aspirations? Isn’t it a shame that probably once again, only 4 teams in the English Premier League will be realistically in with a shout for the domestic trophies, with the odd “outsider” hoping to have a glory run?

You all take the piss and go on about the fact that we haven’t won anything. That is a fact, not one that is great for Arsenal or the fans. We are tired of hearing “the youth of Arsenal” and “building for the future” etc etc. We can only hope now that with Arshavin, Wenger will persuade the better players at the club to stay, make some good signings in the summer, and be slightly better equipped to have a good run next year. Hopefully, the injuries will not be so crucial next season either. Look at who we have missed and when, that has had an impact (but by no means is an excuse).

This season, overall, was so nearly exciting as we saw more than one team pushing the premier League title, until the best team, Man U showed their class and pulled away. Also, at the other end, it still is exciting as the relegation issue still involves many more clubs than it usually does at this stage.

From an Arsenal point of view, another season to forget. Like yours. Like Aston Villas. Like West Ham’s. Like, well, about 80 odd other clubs throughout the main divisions that have not been involved in promotion or relegation.

Arsenal will be back.

Can you tell me, realistically and honestly if that’s possible, what you Spurs fans hope to be in the mix for next season?

Honestly.... just like Arsenal, Spurs will be looking to be in the mix for EVERY competition they are entered into.

Realistically, and more importantly, based upon recent times, it is more likely that we are to achieve success in atleast one of them than Arsenal are. Facts and stats dictate this and there can be NO hiding from that.

Question answered Mr Marston? ;)

Facts and stats dictate this and there can be NO hiding from that.

facts and stats can be made to tell you anything you want, maybe over the last 3 seasons spurs could be classed as more successful :P but stretch that to the last 10 years and there is no contest,

it'll never happen but if i was forced to back one team from the north of london think i would take my chances with the gooners to win a competition before the yids

Also it has been rumoured that the suspicious bag was full of trophies, police quickly discovered it was a hoax....

So, at the risk of sounding petty, how far did YOU get in the Champions League?

LOL! :lol:

Honestly.... just like Arsenal, Spurs will be looking to be in the mix for EVERY competition they are entered into.

I love your sense of humour, Coopsie!

You ARE joking aren't you?

:thumbsup::lol: :thumbsup:

Also it has been rumoured that the suspicious bag was full of trophies, police quickly discovered it was a hoax....

So, at the risk of sounding petty, how far did YOU get in the Champions League?

LOL! :lol:

I love your sense of humour, Coopsie!

You ARE joking aren't you?

:thumbsup::lol::thumbsup:

Ok, firstly I think you'll find that Redruth 07 was not in the champions league. Therefore would find it impossible to answer the question "how far did YOU get in the Champions League?".. Spurs on the other hand may not have been in Europes premier cup competition BUT they've still won it as many times as Arsenal have ;)

As for your second comment/question "You ARE joking aren't you?"... Mate I'm always joking and never serious. If I was serious I'd go off on totally unnecessary rants every now and again and that my friend just isn't me. :unsure:;) :c:

Redruth 07 had put COYS (wash my mouth out!) on his post.

Yup - it doesn't do to take life to seriously! :D

COYS = Come On You Spurs.. Therefore Mr 07 is in no way talking about himself and clearly talking about a body or force that is nothing to do with his person. I'm sure the definition of "you" in the dictionary is pretty much the exact opposite of what you suggested?.

As for taking life too seriously, come on mate, I'm a bloody Spurs supporter. Could I be any less serious?.

No. :lol::drink::thumbsup:

Hold that goat a bit tighter,Mother.

First Peck 1961 back, then Crosser. I must be hallucinating again. Damn tablets. Superman, they called them. One had a picture of Drogba on it, looking just like Neil Curnow !

"Oh let me not be mad, sweet heavens !"

No, they're imagining Spurs or Arsenal ever winning something. What a delusion. Phew. I'm normal, they're mad. Time to go back to being King Lear. Where are my ungrateful daughters ?

Chelsea 3 Barcelona 2.

Freddie Mercury is singing again !

Come on you Blue Tinners ! :drink::drink::drink::clapper::clapper: :D

Can you tell me, realistically and honestly if that’s possible, what you Spurs fans hope to be in the mix for next season?

Realistically, and more importantly, based upon recent times, it is more likely that we are to achieve success in atleast one of them than Arsenal are. Facts and stats dictate this and there can be NO hiding from that.

Question answered Mr Marston? ;)

Nope, not really.

So your highlight this season was achieving a 4-4 draw at the Emirates. Well done. Good luck on beating that next year.

Can you tell me, realistically and honestly if that’s possible, what you Spurs fans hope to be in the mix for next season? I guess priority number one is the League Cup, where you do have a realistic chance of winning against either lower league opposition or the "Big 4 second teams". I believe you are chasing a spot in Europe. Why is that? Is it not the case that all Judas Redknapp did when you progressed was to moan about fixture congestion (apart from reminding us how many points you had when he arrived)? You had to play your second team and get knocked out because the first team boys were tired. Surely, you don't want that again, you have to concentrate your efforts not to get embroiled in another relegation battle.

I will give my honest opinion on what I hope for next season from Spurs.

Firstly, I hope that the 'wheeler dealer' in Harry doesn't come to the fore in the summer months of transfer activity, because the main failing we've had in the last two summers (and the cause for our poor starts in both campaigns) is the huge turnover of players, with 8 or 9 coming into the club and 8 or 9 going out. It has meant we've suffered while players settle into the club. This summer I'd like us to make 2 or 3 quality signings, max!

Then if we have a good season, then I'd like to think we'd be fighting for 5th or 6th, and at least be in a position to take advantage if any of the 'Big 4' have a really bad season (get 65 points or less), like we nearly did a couple of seasons back.

We'd definitely have a chance in the Carling & FA cups, seeing we can beat anybody on our day, and that's the beauty of the cup. I will go on record right now and say I don't want us to finish 7th this season and qualify for the Europa League, it'll just get in the way next season (19 games to be played for any team wanting to get to the final, ludricous!)!

There you go, a balanced and realistic view for you. Just like I promised everyone upon my return to the forums!

You all take the piss and go on about the fact that we haven’t won anything. That is a fact, not one that is great for Arsenal or the fans. We are tired of hearing “the youth of Arsenal” and “building for the future” etc etc. We can only hope now that with Arshavin, Wenger will persuade the better players at the club to stay, make some good signings in the summer, and be slightly better equipped to have a good run next year. Hopefully, the injuries will not be so crucial next season either. Look at who we have missed and when, that has had an impact (but by no means is an excuse).

From an Arsenal point of view, another season to forget. Like yours. Like Aston Villas. Like West Ham’s. Like, well, about 80 odd other clubs throughout the main divisions that have not been involved in promotion or relegation.

I'm only taking advantage of one of the few moments during the season when I'm able to take the piss out of Arsenal (it's normally only a couple week window near the end of another trophyless season)!

In all seriousness, as an outsider looking in at Arsenal (and you chaps will know better than I), I think this summer will be a big summer for Arsenal and especially Arsene Wenger.

The current squad, in my honest opinion, isn't good enough to win the the two big trophies (Premier or Champions League), and I've said that for the last two seasons. It needs a couple of big, experienced players (centre half & centre mid) to come into the first team straight away and lead the youngsters onto the next level, and it pains me to say it (as a Spurs fan!), but I think that Arsene might realise it now and will go out and buy the necessary players in the summer!

He can have David Bentley back if he wants, he going cheap...... £12m!!!!

What would you suggest an appropriate picture then Rodders? Terry screaming at the ref? Ballck screaming at the ref? Drogba screaming at the ref? Drogba swearing at the cameras? Perhaps Iniesta screaming with joy?

Answers on a post card please!! :yahoo: :drink: