Cornwall Football Forum

Can you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please

Cornwall Combination League

Tuesday 5th May 2009

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES (Adrian Clode) 1-3 ST IVES TOWN (Darren Steadman, Chris Russell, Daniel Bagshaw)

Att - 21

HELSTON ATHLETIC (Domenic Pullen, Colin Kettle) 2-4 PERRANWELL (Scott Kinge 2, Liam Paddock, Ieuan Boon)

Att - 25

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES (Dave Blizzard) 1-0 HAYLE RESERVES

Att - 30

PERRANPORTH (Ian Gosling, Rob Stapleton, Justin Andrew) 3-1 ST DAY (Sam Cooper)

Att - 40

RNAS CULDROSE (Nick Longstaff 3, Luke Elston, Anthony Rowntree) 5-1 ST JUST (Neil Curnow)

Att - 15

WENDRON CC UNITED RESERVES (Luke Murray 2, Tom Langford, Simon Anderson, OG) 5-2 LUDGVAN (Lee Smith, David Chard)

Att - 18

Can you also check last Tuesday's thread and fill in the missing info.

Thanks

I'm off to Wendron to see who will crack first, them or Ludgvan.

Ludgvan haven't won a competetive game in 42 matches in all competitions including the end of last season and haven't kept a clean sheet in that time.

Wendron also haven't kept a clean sheet in the league this season and haven't won in 16 matches.

A win for either side would be a great result or a draw would be a good result for Ludgvan.

Should be interesting.

Helston (Dom Pullen, ???) 2-4 Perranwell (Scott Kinge 2, Liam Paddock, Ieuan Boon)

Att - 25

Wendron (Luke Murray 2, Tom Lankford, Simon Anderson, OG) 5-2 Ludgvan (Lee Smith, David Chard)

Att - 18

All credit to Ludgvan fulfilling their fixture. Only came and played with same 10 men all game.

Perranporth 3-1 St Day

perranporth 3-1st day ht 2-1

1st goal 1 yard tap in after freekick was tipped onto the bar

2nd goal great header from corner unstoppable

st day goal great knock forward into the mixer from maksehift centre half stu reynolds headed past the advancing keeper by sam cooper

3rd goal, long ball from the brought down by justin andrew who finished well from a tight angle

good game all round but struggled myself after picking a up a knock to the ankle early on

shame st days run came to an end but they were up against a decent team in perran

think it was nigel brabyn who got the goal and not iuean boon.from where i was on the pitch it looked 2 come off nigels knee not that he knew much about it. suppose it dosent matter who got the goal the main thing is we got the win and we r back on track 4 the runners up spot in the league. st just at home on saturday 2 keep the run going and we owe them 1 4the 1 nil win they had a couple weeks ago in the worst conditions i have ever played in, should be a good game!also like 2 mention how well luke brabyn played when he came on at half time. going 2 be some player in the future!

think it was nigel brabyn who got the goal and not iuean boon.from where i was on the pitch it looked 2 come off nigels knee not that he knew much about it. suppose it dosent matter who got the goal the main thing is we got the win and we r back on track 4 the runners up spot in the league. st just at home on saturday 2 keep the run going and we owe them 1 4the 1 nil win they had a couple weeks ago in the worst conditions i have ever played in, should be a good game!also like 2 mention how well luke brabyn played when he came on at half time. going 2 be some player in the future!

Well Ieaun said he did but like you say doesn't really matter as the points were important ! Luke will be i agree :c: What a load of wingers Helston were! moan moan moan respect for the ref! was it 2 or 3 cards for dissent enough said!! :c: thought some of the goals were a bit soft but it was windy!!

Guest The Patriot

Culdrose 5-1 St Just

Culdrose - Nick Longstaff 3, Luke Elston, ???.

St Just - N. Curnow

Ht 2-0

Att 15

The other was from rowntree

Guest Sam Boston

Sam,no way was the free kick for the first goal over the line! i was behind the goal it was defo Mike Cains!

I thought the same and queried it with Gos after the game but he said the ref had it down as his - the ref was sat with me and agreed, what can you do? :(

QUOTE(droskynstarman @ May 6 2009, 12:05 AM)

Sam,no way was the free kick for the first goal over the line! i was behind the goal it was defo Mike Cains!

I thought the same and queried it with Gos after the game but he said the ref had it down as his - the ref was sat with me and agreed, what can you do?

Dont know who droskynstarman is? but I was DEFINITELY the only person behind the St Day goal during that first half and had a perfect view and can confirm that from the free kick, the ball came down off the inside corner of the upright and did cross the line (all of the ball) it was the spin that seemed to make it bounce slightly backwards (even then only just) before being poked back in past the keeper.

Guest Sam Boston

it didnt go over the line

You're just arguing for the sake of it Alex!

You took quite a tumble Cat and were down for a while - I'm guessing you're OK?

dont cats have nine life's :clapper:

we now have the same amount of posts :clapper::clapper::c:

now we have :clapper: :c:

ankle ligaments are in a bad way and its swollen really bad and can hardly walk, played on on pure adrenalin last night though

think the ground is okay darren, probably no worse than one of your long balls whre u take a massive divot!!!!

think alex has a thing about argueing sam as thats all he kept trying to do with the ref last night

gave some interesting decisions too by all accounts

Guest Sam Boston

ankle ligaments are in a bad way and its swollen really bad and can hardly walk, played on on pure adrenalin last night though

think the ground is okay darren, probably no worse than one of your long balls whre u take a massive divot!!!!

think alex has a thing about argueing sam as thats all he kept trying to do with the ref last night

gave some interesting decisions too by all accounts

Ouch! Plenty of ice for you then!

Hey Arlen,i was in the green car just above the corner flag with a perfect view of the goal line.

You were were on the opposite side of the post it hit and bloody miles away compared to me... I can guarantee you I had the best view of anybody.

Guest WINNO

Well Ieaun said he did but like you say doesn't really matter as the points were important ! Luke will be i agree :c: What a load of wingers Helston were! moan moan moan respect for the ref! was it 2 or 3 cards for dissent enough said!! :c: thought some of the goals were a bit soft but it was windy!!

Have to agree with you Kempy with the moaning statement it did become rather embarrasing........

droskynstarman & Arlen if Gossy could take a decent free kick he would have stuck it straight in :yahoo: and stopped you two having a argument. In all seriousness though since i praised him on here after his free kick against Holmans i think he scored in every game........

And well done lads a great result against Helston, shame I couldn't have played..............