Cornwall Football Forum

Millbrook v Newquay Friday 8th May 6.45pm

So fans, players, supporters across the counties, this friday evening is the start of the final week of Western Division Football with 4-5 teams in with a chance of making history.

Friday sees Millbrook play Newquay, with Millbrook climbing off the bottom with a win and Newquay going a point clear of Penzance, if they beat both Truro tomorrow night and Millbrook on Friday.

Manager of Millbrook Dane Bunney has already been giving his pre match thoughts ahead of the game on the website and most important, all at Millbrook and Newquay are rallying as many people as possible to come along to Mill Park for a cracking game of football at 6.45pm. we all know what a game we saw on friday newquay v pMillbrook Manager's Viewenzance and with both clubs playing for something, it will be a great atmosphere. so please come along and read bunney's thoughts ahead of the game.

thank you for your support

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/millbrook/clu...ws.pl?id=171746

Guest local_football_supporter

Ill be at this game, Looking forward to it although not alot to play for now , will newquay be bringing many fans up this way ???

P.s decent website as well callymike, are you going to be changing your name to millbrookmike ??

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Everything to play for... Millbrook don't want to finish bottom and Newquay want to finish runners-up to Penzance (and claim an extra £250 prize money).

The news from this part of the world is, that 25-30 Newquay fans are making the trip, some have booked time off work to ensure they get past the Glynn Valley friday night rush-hour in time for the 6.45pm k.o. The Newquay Loyal are making it an end of season celebration night, to give thanks to Jim, Lee and all the players for a fantastic season.

Looking forward to seeing Callymike on home soil, he has been to more Newquay matches than Millbrooks :clapper:

Guest local_football_supporter

Just looking at the league table , what you say is very true judge, A win for newquay and 2nd spot is theres , and a win for millbrook and they climb to 3rd from bottom !!!! :o That would be a remarkable turn around seeing as they were a about 10 points a-drift not to long ago.

Going on there recent form i dont know if newquay can afford to take them lightly ???????? still think newquay will win easy tho , :thumbsup:

I watched Millbrook play Godolphin the other day and they have improved a heck of a lot from when they played Newquay at MW. They looked a lot more dogged and spirited and Im sure its going to be a lot tougher, however I still think Newquay will just have an edge over them.

The players will want to bounce back after Tues and end the season on a high, no chance of taking Millbrook lightly, you don't go to Port, Penryn and G and come away with anything unless you are a good side, they have had some great results recently.

Could be Millbrooks biggest gate of the season, lets hope that the locals turn out and show they want good football at Millbrook, the set up down there has always been good and mostly welcoming.

Unfortunately, for Jason the barperson, Everton Dave and his golden locks won't be with us, he his taking a 2 week break in Spain before the FA Cup Final :thumbsup:

Guest betti1

It's okay-we will get counselling for Jason!! I am hoping to finally meet The Judge tomorrow as I have read and heard so much about you-will you wear a pink carnation so I know it's you!!

A :drink: nother thought Judge, is John Hawkey still with Newquay, I know that he was involved with the ladies team (figuratively speaking of course) but just wondered if he is still around and will he be paying us a visit tomorrow?

It's okay-we will get counselling for Jason!! I am hoping to finally meet The Judge tomorrow as I have read and heard so much about you-will you wear a pink carnation so I know it's you!!

Nah, Jason might get the wrong idea about me, I'm no substitute for Everton Dave. I promise you will know who I am when we arrive, look for the decorator in your stand, needs brightening up !.

Guest keano

Judge you may struggle to get in the stand , because of the big crowds we get :D

..... if you do get in can you make sure you take the right hand side of the stand ( as your looking at the pitch ) :thumbsup:

Judge you may struggle to get in the stand , because of the big crowds we get :D

..... if you do get in can you make sure you take the right hand side of the stand ( as your looking at the pitch )

:thumbsup::smiley20::drink::clapper::c: I'll see what we can do ! :drink::thumbsup::c::clapper:

A :drink: nother thought Judge, is John Hawkey still with Newquay, I know that he was involved with the ladies team (figuratively speaking of course) but just wondered if he is still around and will he be paying us a visit tomorrow?

John may turn up, but don't get to see him much nowadays, he was at Truro on Tues if my memory serves me.

Guest Peppermint

The Judge is seeing things - John Hawkey does not miss many Newquay matches and has travelled away as well this season He was not at Treyew Road on Tuesday because he was in Devon, I think, but he was at Mount Wise last Friday evening for the Penzance match. I am not sure if he will be back in time for tomorrow's game at Millbrook or he could be travelling down form Devon.

The Judge is seeing things - John Hawkey does not miss many Newquay matches and has travelled away as well this season He was not at Treyew Road on Tuesday because he was in Devon, I think, but he was at Mount Wise last Friday evening for the Penzance match. I am not sure if he will be back in time for tomorrow's game at Millbrook or he could be travelling down form Devon.

I'm definately getting old Graham !

Guest Peppermint

Looking forward to tomorrow evening at Millbrook - hope the result goes the right way and then it is onto the Sandy Lodge Hotel next Friday for the Dinner/Presentation night.

See you at Millbrook tomorrow Mark - it has been a long season but exciting.

Just a quick pointer to anyone who is using satnav to find the place, the SWPL website gives a postcode of PL11 which according to Google maps is in the middle of a field in the back end of nowhere. Fortunately the Millbrook website shows its a PL10 code...

Just a quick pointer to anyone who is using satnav to find the place, the SWPL website gives a postcode of PL11 which according to Google maps is in the middle of a field in the back end of nowhere. Fortunately the Millbrook website shows its a PL10 code...

I think Google Maps are right :thumbsup:

For those without SATNAV, get on the A38 turn off towards Torpoint and when you see the first sign for Millbrook IGNORE it, take the 2nd turning for Millbrook and then follow the signs, go through the Village and you will see a big pond on your right, take the right turn where the pond ends and follow the road down to the ground which will then be on your right.