Cornwall Football Forum

Womens F.A. Cup Final

Guest Man on the Post

Guest Man on the Post

Listened to the commentary on the Womens F.A. Cup Final this afternoon. During the broadcast they said that the winners will receive £5,000 compared to the £2,000,000 received by the mens winning team. I thought there would be a huge difference, but not a multiple of 400. The prize money of £5,000 seems insulting to me. :SM_carton:

Guest Postie Pidge

Usually at Nottingham Forest but today at Derby.

Heard mentioned that Sunderland did some bag packing to pay for the game or something along those lines

Guest Man on the Post

The commentators also said that the women made a lot of the arrangements for the final themselves, such as organising the coach, booking hotel rooms etc. They wondered if the men should do the same, perhaps Fabregas could book the hotel and Adebayor drive the coach!! :yahoo: A lot of the very best women players have gone to the USA where the game is now fully professional.

Listened to the commentary on the Womens F.A. Cup Final this afternoon. During the broadcast they said that the winners will receive £5,000 compared to the £2,000,000 received by the mens winning team. I thought there would be a huge difference, but not a multiple of 400. The prize money of £5,000 seems insulting to me. :SM_carton:

i think you have it all wrong here

the men winning 2 mil is insulting. neither should have any more then :clapper::clapper::clapper: £5000

The standard of goalkeeping always lets down the women's game. Especially in Cornwall, where so many of the population are vertically challenged. Perhaps they should have goals that are lower. Shorter and fatter, perhaps ? I thought the winger called Yankey had some class, but the No 9 was dreadful. Turned off at half-time, can't believe that Sunderland actually scored ! Ah well, it's more than there men can usually manage.

Entertainment, though ? I'd rather watch the Combo !

High time for Sepp Blatter to come up with some good ideas about spicing it up. What else is he paid for ? :D

Womens football does have a major problem and that is men. Most of the local clubs play on the mens grounds until it gets a bit of rain and then the match is off. Or they have to play on the ploughed field the men leave behind and nobody prepares the pitch The FA were over the moon when they said they put a £million into the womens game at the lower end. It worked out at about £25k per county or a poor salary for a coach, some progress.

I think you will also find that the Arsenal goalkeeper Emma Byrne is 6 foot tall.

The gate at Derby was 23,291. I noticed last month that a gate of 44,000 saw the European ladies final. Englands record gate for an international is about 29,000.

Take the womens game as it is, its not the mens game so don't compare the two.

I expect you will have noticed that Truro City were relegated from the Premier League South. They weren't doing bad until a certain person pulled the plug on most of the finances.

and they dont pay-its all done through getting personal sponsorships with sporting rights etc.

alot of women players have gone to the states coz they pay big bucks out there, womens footy over there is almost overtaking the mens!!!

kelly smith returning to states, joined by karen carney and i think jill scott is going, rachel yankey and last seasons top scorer sanderson joined chelsea

Well, yeah, but they used to get similar crowds for public hangings. I did notice that Arsenal were nearly all blondes and Sunderland weren't. There was nobody out there could tackle like Boasie or Dennis Way in the 45 nminutes I saw. I think Dennis could have been a natural blond but he usually shaved his head. I know the Arsenal keeper was tall but I bet she's not Cornish: I'm saying that we need to cater for our own dumpy little women properly and amend the game accordingly. Perhaps the Cornish F.A.should write to Mr Blatter and share radical suggestions: he is a fine gentleman and if they play ball with him he might give them lots of money and a more entertaining game would draw bigger local crowds.

I don't know why you're moaning about the pitches in Cornwall the women play on. Nothing wrong with a bit of mudwrestling, though admittedly you don't want to do it over Pendeen where there are boulders sticking out and adders in the summer. :c:

and they dont pay-its all done through getting personal sponsorships with sporting rights etc.

alot of women players have gone to the states coz they pay big bucks out there, womens footy over there is almost overtaking the mens!!!

Hardly difficult,"Soccer" in the States is a joke,and they're applying to host the World Cup again.

They must be the lovely crowd you get noshing chips up and down your cheap and cheerful main street, Droskynstarman, mostly bottle blondes from Manchester. Good for broomstick sales, of course. Poor devils can't afford to go anywhere else. Down St Just we charter the yacht to Marbella in the summer. Mind you, I can't knock Perranporth for one thing, the absence of a blue flag. Rolo comes down there when she's been on the rump steak and she can clear her bowels wherever she wants. However, I refuse to pay three quid, we always park in the Ponsmere. Well done, Perranporth, you're performing a public service. :clapper: