Cornwall Football Forum

Anyone prepared to offer odds and take money on Newquay or PZ to win title ?

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

A few Newquay fans have clubbed together and wonder if... Anyone is prepared to offer odds and take money on Newquay or PZ to win title ?

Newquay have to win at Truro on Tues night and Millbrook on Fri night to have any chance of the title. If Newquay get those 6 points, PZ would have to win at Cally on Sat to win the league, a draw would not be enough.

If Nqy do get 6 points, Cally can expect a huge crowd saturday and most would not be supporting PZ, will PZ bottle it or have the guts to do a job (which they should have done at Mount Wise). Cally are no pushovers, they were doing St Awful at home and drew with them away which is no mean feat.

In fact, it would be a brave man to offer odds but we are happy to take whatever is offered ! Anyone go on betfair ?

Judge, I don't think any of us PZ fans are feeling confident enough to offer any odds.

The mood among the PZ supporters at Mount Wise on Friday was one of hugely pessimistic disbelief: even when we went 2:1 up all I could manage were two rather strangled shout/whispers of "champions" and we never launched into our well rehearsed re-write of "Two Lions" (34 years of hurt and all that). Even if Truro beat Newquay on Tuesday (not likely judging by the team spirit and support shown Friday) then I still think we'd all be worried that something would happen to deny us (I'm a Swindon Town supporter as well of course and still bear the scars of the Premier League promotion that never was). :rolleyes: